VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default New Artist Fields - Notes & Biography

I've added two new fields to the artist table - Biography and Notes. The notes fields is analogous to the notes field on the artist page, so it will serve as a way to display useful information that isn't captured in the other fields.

The biography field is a place to put a few general remarks about the artist. For now, it's kind of experimental, as I want to see how you guys use it before we hammer out exactly what goes there. I do think it should be concise, because the discographies are the main feature of the artist pages and we don't want to bump them too far down the page with excess verbiage. I'd also like the contents to be original, and not taken verbatim from Wiki or other sites.

Here's a quick example of both fields put into use on the Mozart page:

http://vgmdb.net/artist/174

Once we've started to see the impact of these fields, which will probably be in a few days, we'll be ready to open up the artist pages for public edit. Please post if you find any problems with the new features.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:57 AM

Nice. I was waiting for these fields. Time to update the J-Core artists, I guess.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 03:46 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The biography field could also be put on the left-side of the page, under the Credited Works, so that length of text wouldn't bump down any of the Discography information listen in the middle.