VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The publisher is linked to Suleputer but like CFCL-2/3 this is "Culture of Asia Co., Ltd. (distributed by Victor Entertainment)". Could comebody fix it?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

All taken care of.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Does anyone know if this came with a registration/post card or any other stuff aside from the usual things?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 04:37 AM

Stand Alone Complex needs to be linked as a represented product.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:44 PM

I had a question about "陸羽田植歌." The English credits list it as "Riku Taue Uta," I know that "歌" would be "song" and "田植" would be "rice planting," but the part that I'm stumped on is "陸羽." I see here that we have it listed as "Lu Yu," but is that actually the intended reading here? Searching for "陸羽" online does indeed give results for the Chinese tea master and writer, Lu Yu, but I fail to see how that would make any sense here in context.

Since the English credits wrote it as "Riku" I thought that it might be referring to "Rikuu-131," the rice-strain used in the creation of the MicroMachine rice in the game's story. However, looking at the Japanese version it's written "リクー" not "陸羽." From what I understand both "陸羽" and "リクー" could both be read as "Rikuu," but since different spellings were used here I'm not sure if that's actually what it's referring to.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 03:34 PM

Since it's been bumped, just popping in to say that this is a great OST by Nobuyoshi Sano. Fully electronic liquid energy. Just delightful.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
I had a question about "陸羽田植歌." The English credits list it as "Riku Taue Uta," I know that "歌" would be "song" and "田植" would be "rice planting," but the part that I'm stumped on is "陸羽." I see here that we have it listed as "Lu Yu," but is that actually the intended reading here? Searching for "陸羽" online does indeed give results for the Chinese tea master and writer, Lu Yu, but I fail to see how that would make any sense here in context.

Since the English credits wrote it as "Riku" I thought that it might be referring to "Rikuu-131," the rice-strain used in the creation of the MicroMachine rice in the game's story. However, looking at the Japanese version it's written "リクー" not "陸羽." From what I understand both "陸羽" and "リクー" could both be read as "Rikuu," but since different spellings were used here I'm not sure if that's actually what it's referring to.
From the liner notes, track was written with the concept of being a folk song from the (fictional) 陸羽 region where the story takes place, though I think the final game only says it's in Tohoku (even in the Japanese version), so it may just be a detail in the settings docs that wasn't mentioned in-game (or the name changed). Track name should be fixed I guess, proper spelling being rikuu.