VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:23 PM

It was great and very nostalgic seeing Ken back in the sound team.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 01:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm really excited to listen to this. I'm also interested that the subtitle of the game in Japanese openly states that it is the 4th game in the Arland series. They have been doing trilogies forever. One wonders ... are they going to do a 2nd trilogy of Arland games with this new generation?

OR... maybe tack on a 4th game to Arland, Dusk, and the latest trilogy, as its own "4th game in old trilogies" trilogy? :P

I'm excited to play the game.

Has anyone had the chance to listen to the Nelke soundtrack or play the game?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 01:46 AM

I could buy lulua later (my 2nd atelier game after atelier firis) =)
I can say atelier lulua interests me (I tried the trial) unlike lydie/suelle or nelke

as for nelke's music, I don't know how to say without being vulgar ;p

Last edited by Phonograph; Dec 8, 2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 09:40 AM

I just want to say, after 20 years of casually dabbling in Atelier soundtracks and games, this is the one that finally got me to crack and start doing a deeper dive into the series (it's the first game of the series I bought since Atelier Iris 1 and the two are NOTHING alike). Not sure if it's Nakagawa coming back into the fold for this one (sadly seems to be a one-off) or the killer production values (for comparison, this is MUCH improved over Rorona's production, which this seems to have the most ties to...compare the Shu Shu Waltz tracks as an example), but a lot of the tunes just flat out land and I'm going back to them, even amidst a playthrough where they...ahem, overstay their welcome quite a bit ingame.

Highly recommended.