VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:51 PM
Trusted Editor

This album contains for the first time in the same case the 2 compositions of Seiji Yokoyama about nature.
This is a typical classic/orchestral music, and in addition there's a background with sounds of birds and insects. We recognize well the style of Seiji Yokoyama (who composed Saint Seiya, Captain Harlock (1st series), Sangokushi movies, Magical Taruruto-Kun, Metalder, Winspector, Ohranger...) Well, in my opinion, if you like Seiji Yokoyama, you'll like this album, it is a little gem ;-)
You can listen some samples on CDJapan and HVM, in order to have an opinion

There are a few artists credited on the booklet but it is in Japanese, and I don't find any information about them on the web. Maybe Seiji Yokoyama has arranged this soundtrack too, but I'm not sure.
No songs on the CDs, so no lyrics and performers of course.
I have copied the kanjis on CDJapan for the tracklist, and I've verified on my booklet: they are well all the same.
For the romaji translation, I find it on HMV (see on the album page).
I may have the translation in English for the tracklist (using Google / Microsoft Translator), if anybody who speaks Japanese well tell me please if that's good, I can put it too:

CD1:
01 Birds of Spring and Music
02 Birds of Summer and Music
03 Birds of Autumn and Music
04 Birds of Winter and Music
05 Twitter of Various Birds

CD2:
01 Life
02 Love
03 Dance
04 Death
05 Chorus of Various Insects

I had a sale link for Amazon.co.jp too, but it doesn't works when I put it on the manage links page (I think the URL is a bit too long! ^^):

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%B1%BA%E5...83%8B%E3%83%BC

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 19, 2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:33 AM

that album really has its place in the db?
even if it's seiji yokoyama, I don't see why this album should be in the db

it's just a solo album with nature noises?
I think that other albums could be added before that one, no?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:50 PM
Trusted Editor

Of course this album has perfectly his place here...

This is an original work of one of the best Japanese composers, and you would'nt accept it??? I don't understand you Phonograph. Don' t take it amiss, but I suggest that you should open your mind a little
And there's an orchestra with a lot of musicians for these symphonies, like the others works of Seiji Yokoyama, so not really a "solo". Seriously there's not a big difference with his other compositions for anime (just some sounds for nature in addition).
Listen the samples on CDJapan or HMV please, for a better opinion.

And some original works of Nobuo Uematsu (like "Phantasmagoria") or Motoi Sakuraba ("Gykyokuonsou"; and too his album with the band Deja Vu: "Baroque In The Future") have been approved, and are on VGMdb. Seiji Yokoyama is not less important than these 2 artists, I think!

And there are not other CDs of Seiji Yokoyama (maybe outside dramas) which can be added yet, all the CDs (released commercially) are on VGMdb.
The other compositions of Seiji Yokoyama released on CDs are for Metal Hero (Metalder, Winspector), Sentai (Ohranger) and other Tokusatsus ( Megaloman, Koseidon), so they don't have their place here.
The other compositions of Seiji Yokoyama, which are not on VGMdb, are only released on vinyls ( like "Kaze to Ki no Uta" image album or drama "Hoshi no Ondine", for the best important).
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:38 PM

man, there is a difference between the final fantasy composer, star ocean/valkyrie profile/tales of composer and seiji yokoyama that is probably barely known from the vgm fans

even if vgmdb accepts anime music now, it stays mainly vgm
keep in mind vgm composers solo albums have the priority over anime/drama composers solo albums
and I only asked staff whether it should stay, for them to decide
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:08 PM
Trusted Editor

Well, that's a while that VGMdb accepts anime music now...
I submit some CDs since a few days, but I know this website since several years.
It is maybe firstly VGM here, but I see a lot of anime fans here too... And you aren't an anime fan too for translating the tracklists of the anime CDs?

So i don't see really why this submission bores you, Phonograph.
(Sorry, i don't write in English, because Phonograph speaks French too: Perso je ne vois vraiment pas en quoi l'ajout de ce CD te gène, Seiji Yokoyama reste l'un des plus importants et connus compositeurs d'anime (à cause de Saint Seiya), et beaucoup de fans de jeux vidéo doivent le connaître, d'ailleurs on peut être fan d'anime et de jeux vidéo en même temps, c'est pas incompatible, c'est mon cas)

But yes, the staff members will decide if this CD should stay or not (I hope it'll stay).

PS: "man" has a name, SaintSquall.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 20, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Most likely there's no problem with this one knowing how many original work & drama albums were submitted & approved for Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kajiura, Joe Hisaishi, and so on. Nowadays also starting with ultra popular Hiroyuki Sawano - this one was freshly approved for instance - http://vgmdb.net/album/52127
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:43 PM

ok, je te vais te repondre en freuh
c'est pas une question que "cet" album me gene plus qu'un autre (pour ta gouverne et parce que tu dois etre plus ou moins nouveau ici sans savoir je pense, mais j'ai deja par le passe demande ca pour d'autres albums de ce type, certains ont ete desactives parce que la discographie presente sur le site etait loin de suffir niveau vgm, anime etc pour remplir les criteres pour un album comme celui-ci a savoir bcp de game, anime = permission avec demande)
c'est qu'en regle general, un album comme ca (un truc sur les bruits de la nature, nan mais serieusement) n'est pas le genre d'album a figurer dans la disco d'un compositeur (du moins ici)

"man" c'est comme dire "mec" ou "ecoute", je vois meme pas pourquoi tu fais un ps
Old Apr 20, 2015, 05:01 PM
Trusted Editor

A Phonograph:

1) je ne suis pas ton pote, et tu ne me connais pas, alors tes expressions "pour ta gouverne, mec, man..." tu te les gardes pour toi. Tu ne connais pas les règles de politesse on dirait. Alors soit tu changes de ton ou j'arrête de discuter avec toi.
Et je suis peut-être un "nouveau" ici (et encore comme je l'ai dit ça fait un bail que je connais ce site) mais je ne suis pas un newbie du net, alors pas besoin de me snober.

2) Tu n'as pas dû écouter ce CD, mais moi je le possède et je l'ai écouté en entier, et c'est pas juste un truc neuneu avec des bruits d'oiseaux mais de la musique classique / instrumentale. Les bruits de la nature, c'est juste un "plus". Cet album est une vraie réussite, mais peut-être tu n'es pas fan de Yokoyama, là c'est autre chose.

3) dans toutes les bonnes discographies de Seiji Yokoyama ces symphonies sont présentes (jette un oeil sur le net). A part Captain Harlock, Koseidon et Megaloman, c'est l'un des rares travaux de Yokoyama des années 70 dispos en CD alors il mérite d'être connu à mon sens.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 06:21 PM

avant de parler de regles de politesse, apprends deja la troisieme
au cas ou, je precise, j'ai pas dit ces trucs avant comme une attaque hein, parce que j'ai l'impression que tu t'es senti viser par qqch
Old Apr 20, 2015, 06:42 PM
Trusted Editor

Ridicule. C'est l'hôpital qui se moque de la charité.
Or else for our readers: that's the pot calling the kettle black!

Seriously, change your way of speaking, if you want to command respect, it's really disagreeable.

But i stop talking with you here, I don't want to rot anymore this thread.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 09:20 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
this one was freshly approved for instance - http://vgmdb.net/album/52127
I was actually wondering why that was approved. We agreed to allow drama albums by popular composers if they are complete, and an upcoming entry is by definition not complete and may stay that way.

About this one, I don't know if the wikipedia page is complete but it looks like Seiji Yokoyama has done more drama works than anime works. So drama albums are definitely a no, this one is in a kind of grey zone. Since it's just one it's fine I guess, given the popularity of his anime works.

@SaintSquall & Phonograph: if you want to have an argument in french, please do it in private.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:33 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
I was actually wondering why that was approved. We agreed to allow drama albums by popular composers if they are complete, and an upcoming entry is by definition not complete and may stay that way.

About this one, I don't know if the wikipedia page is complete but it looks like Seiji Yokoyama has done more drama works than anime works. So drama albums are definitely a no, this one is in a kind of grey zone. Since it's just one it's fine I guess, given the popularity of his anime works.
Yes Seiji Yokoyama has done a lot of dramas, but I wasn't counting to submit them anyway. And in addition there's not a lot of informations about them. Personally, i don't like dramas because it's not really music for me and I don't understand Japanese speaking (except "nani" or "arigato" ^^)
For this CD "Kotori, Mushi no Symphony", I just repeat that is an original work. Seiji Yokoyama is a popular composer for animes, like Nobuo Uematsu for video games, so i hope really that this CD will be approved, because in my opinion, it's worth well-known and listening

OK, I won't write in French anymore in the future. I didn't know if it was accepted, so OK no problem

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM.