VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 3, 2015, 05:16 PM

- Distant Triumphal Return (Akumajou Densetsu)

This should be Dracula's Curse, right? Not Belmont's Revenge as the game list mentions.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 08:52 PM

I am very impressed with this album. If it weren't so long out of print, I'D GET IT just for the third disc.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Nov 20, 2015, 09:06 AM

The performers on the "Studio Live" disc are not credited other than the tray picture. Some exclusives here that never made it onto the Kukeiha Club release(s). Looks like Motoaki Furukawa (Guitar), Mami Asano (Keys) and TAPPY (Drums). Unable to ID the synth operator (?) to the left of Furukawa.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhane Masaki View Post
I am very impressed with this album. If it weren't so long out of print, I'D GET IT just for the third disc.
Acutally, this is easy to find and not very expensive. A few months ago I found one for 1800 yen on YJA. I see it listed all the time, usually at very affordable prices. The Falcom Special Boxes are also quite common and surprisingly cheap (I consider this to be the first of the Konami Special Boxes).

Edit: I want to mention that at 1800 yen, it is also mint and complete. So one can expect to find incomplete versions for even less.

Last edited by Jodo Kast; Nov 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 06:29 PM

Yes, now is a good time to buy this album, it doesn't seem to fetch high prices. Although you got lucky for 1,800Y. It's usually more for a complete copy with outer box, obi, stickers and the rest. The ones "listed all the time" are not complete.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 07:41 AM

Are the first disc arrangements exclusive to this set or have they reprised on any future collections?
Old May 10, 2020, 07:50 AM
Trusted Editor

This album has some featured composers on Disc 3. At least Strauss with 'Donauwalzer' on Circus Charlie and The Beatles with 'A Hard Day's Night' on Shinnyuushain Tooru-kun. I have a hunch there are more but I couldn't identify them.

Last edited by suicider; May 10, 2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:23 PM

Don't see option for editing credit portion, but Johann Sebastian Bach should be on here for "Toccata and Fugue" in Gyruss too.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 09:08 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snjóúlfur View Post
Don't see option for editing credit portion, but Johann Sebastian Bach should be on here for "Toccata and Fugue" in Gyruss too.
I added him.