VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 23, 2015, 04:44 PM
Trusted Editor

Default LD32-5086: CALEKKA ORIGINAL ALBUM

My sources for this album:

http://anison.info/data/source/17818.html

http://artist.cdjournal.com/d/-/1130003739

and my own CD and folder

There's too the English tracklist on Wikipedia, but don't know if I can add it , because you are strict with the translation here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Zetsuai_albums

(there are already some mistakes on this page, like Yuiko Tsubokura written "Tsubakura". For the Doujinshi, it's written "Dokusen Yoku" too, but on some Japanese pages, it's written "Dokusenyoku", without space.)

And there are also 2 seiyuu credited for the drama on the track 4 on my own folder, but i don't find the kanjis on Internet.

A good image album composed mainly by Ryuichi Katsumata (I don't find the other composer in romaji for tracks 1 & 7).
We are finding another masterpiece of Shinichi Ishihira here, on track 09. This song is incredible and like the track 11 on the CD "Tomoe ga Yuku Original Album", it is composed and arranged by Ryuichi Katsumata and written by SHOW.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 23, 2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Small note: the correct price is 3200, the pictures you found are probably from a reprint made after 1989 since there were no consumer taxes when this album was released.

About the title, I would say Dokusenyoku is correct since it's a single word.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:34 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan
Small note: the correct price is 3200, the pictures you found are probably from a reprint made after 1989 since there were no consumer taxes when this album was released.
Are you really sure about that? Where do you find the price of 3200 yen?
There's no reprint for the CD Calekka, the only print is in 1988.

if it comes after the year 1989, the catalog number will begin by "TYCY".
For my CD "Tomoe ga Yuku original Album" printed in 1989, the price is written too at 3008 yen (2920 yen without tax) on my obi and on the back cover.

I think that they decreased the price for the CDs Futureland in late 80's.

And so maybe they changed "LD32" for "TYCY" in 1990, because the price of 3200 Yen was not good anymore (at start, "32" was for 3200 yen, as you must know)

Quote:
About the title, I would say Dokusenyoku is correct since it's a single word.
Yes, that was I thought too
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
Are you really sure about that? Where do you find the price of 3200 yen?
better late than...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The 3% consumer tax was introduced in 1989, so the 2920+tax price is definitely wrong.

When the consumer tax was introduced labels had to change the price on their releases, but that doesn't necessarily mean they had to change the catalog or the JAN, so it can happen to have the same release with different prices. For the entry price, we only consider the original one.
In this case it would probably be hard to find a release with the original price since they were around only for a few months before being changed.

Last edited by Illidan; Apr 23, 2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:59 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
The 3% consumer tax was introduced in 1989, so the 2920+tax price is definitely wrong.

When the consumer tax was introduced labels had to change the price on their releases, but that doesn't necessarily mean they had to change the catalog or the JAN, so it can happen to have the same release with different prices. For the entry price, we only consider the original one.
In this case it would probably be hard to find a release with the original price since they were around only for a few months before being changed.
OK you seems to have right for the price, but it is well the same print, i think.
If you are looking well my pictures, there's a sticker on the obi, in order to hide the previous price.
That was all they had to do, because the price is not written on the back cover.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 09:13 AM
Trusted Editor

I have reason to believe that the vocalist "南本ユカ" is Minami Ozaki herself.

While the liner notes of the album give no explicit confirmation of this, an owner of the album has mentioned as much while commenting on the song they perform on: https://ameblo.jp/murasakiura/entry-12761653287.html
The language used in this claim suggests that the kanji "南本" is a play on "南本人" (Minami herself).

Coincidentally, this artist name is also shared by a character in Ozaki's manga 'ZESUAI-1989-,' who's the sister of key character Mieko Minamimoto: https://mangapedia.com/%E7%B5%B6%E6%...8%92-3cvlnu83x

Given that said sister is a popular idol in the referenced story, Ozaki borrowing the alias "Yuka Minamimoto" for her own performance on this album would make sense.