VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:01 PM

I've added what I could find for this album here.

Its music is similar to the set list for any of the JIRITSU Distant Worlds concerts.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:39 PM

Also, can someone add the tag for "TGS 2018" after the release date like it appears for the album "Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY THE JOURNEY OF 100" (SQEX-10619~20) (https://vgmdb.net/album/72687)?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 08:18 AM

I added Yoko Shimomura as a composer after Nobuo Uematsu since she composed the music for Final Fantasy XV.

Arnie Roth at the JIRITSU concerts always announced the name of a piece of Final Fantasy XV music followed by the phrase "by the composer Yoko Shimomura." As an example, he said, "APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS by the composer Yoko Shimomura."

Last edited by VGMLover; Sep 8, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 08:44 AM

Also, here are the links to the live Japanese Distant Worlds JIRITSU orchestral concerts in 2017 that were presumably recorded for this album:

- December 8, 2017 in Osaka: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/concert/30th-osaka/
- December 9, 2017 in Tokyo: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/concert/30th-tokyo/
- December 10, 2017 in Tokyo: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/concert/30th-tokyo/

I think it's safe to say that the live Japanese Distant Worlds JIRITSU orchestral concerts in 2017 were recorded as is tradition with the other recorded Distant Worlds concerts: Returning Home, THE CELEBRATION, and THE JOURNEY OF 100.

I just don't know which of the concerts were recorded in whole or if the CD album selectively uses music from the 3 concerts.

Last edited by VGMLover; Sep 8, 2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 09:16 AM

This album is interesting because usually the video Blu-ray for a Distant Worlds concert is released first, then the audio CD for that same concert is released later.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:49 PM

Can someone add Yoko Shimomura for me as a composer after Nobuo Uematsu since she composed the music for Final Fantasy XV that was played for this CD album?

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:54 PM

Also, can someone create the hyperlinks for the "Products Represented" for this album? Plus, each product should have its own line.

I don't know how to do this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 01:51 PM

DW is getting out of hand, How many recordings of the same arrangement do they think we need?

Last edited by fructus; Sep 8, 2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 05:21 PM

Yeah, you're totally right. I really like Distant Worlds and hearing our favorite Final Fantasy music both recorded and played at the live concerts, and I like to have copies of all of their products, as I am a bit of a completionist.

We have the 4 main Distant Worlds CD albums (along with some people wanting both the CD albums and the new vinyl albums), then the Returning Home DVD, THE CELEBRATION Blu-ray, THE JOURNEY OF 100 Blu-ray, and now the JIRITSU CD album.

Also, we have the FINAL FANTASY Orchestral Album (https://vgmdb.net/album/36000), which is sort of like a Distant Worlds product.

But THE CELEBRATION CD album (carbon copy of the Blu-ray), THE JOURNEY OF 100 CD album (carbon copy of the Blu-ray), and now the JIRITSU CD album, which might be released later as a Blu-ray, are just repetitious.

What's bad about these last 3 albums is that they are event-only products available exclusively at the Square Enix Music Shop at Tokyo Game Show in Japan and at Japanese concerts. They already cost around $30 or $40. The only way to acquire them is by paying for the album, the middleman costs from Buyee or another service to get the item from Yahoo! Japan Auctions (since the item is hard-to-find), and then the international shipping costs.

This can get quite expensive!

The Distant Worlds concerts are awesome, though. What I find funny is that after shopping at the merchandise stands there, I end up paying more for products and soundtracks than the actual ticket price! But it's easier to buy the soundtracks there than having to worry about buying imports with their expensive shipping costs and if the soundtracks are bootlegged or not.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 02:18 PM

I went to one of the JIRITSU concerts. They played "Searching for Friends" from Final Fantasy VI there. What a great piece of music!

It would have been nice to have this on the JIRITSU CD album. Maybe they'll record it for Distant Worlds V if another CD album is released in the future.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 05:43 PM

I have no issue with additional performances of the same arrangement.

Folks who don't find these albums additive are under no obligation to buy them. And folks who do want to buy them can do so
Old Oct 23, 2018, 09:02 AM

Rrolack, I can understand your point.

I just wish that the JIRITSU album wouldn't cost so much. I do want it, though.

It is interesting to hear the same pieces of music played multiple times in various recordings. Each orchestra has its own personality and sound and that can make listening to the same piece again fun.

So, I guess I'll get the album when I can save up enough money.

I would love to hear the full version of the Opera.

Rrolack or anyone else, let me ask you for your advice.

Do you know of another middleman service for Yahoo! Japan Auctions? I like Buyee, but the costs are high. I have to pay a YJA fee, package inspection fee, protective packaging fee, and the EMS shipping cost (usually 2,000 yen), along with some other fees sometimes.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 09:15 AM

you don't have to pay for the protective packaging with buyee.jp. One time I got it and it literally doubled the cost of shipping and all they did was put it it in a massive box with way too much bubble wrap. I've been going without that for sometime now without any problems.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGMLover View Post
I like Buyee, but the costs are high. I have to pay a YJA fee, package inspection fee, protective packaging fee, and the EMS shipping cost (usually 2,000 yen), along with some other fees sometimes.
Skip the inspection fee: 300 yen
Skip the protective packaging: 1500 yen
Choose Airmail instead of EMS: 1200 yen
Total savings: 3000 yen
Old Oct 23, 2018, 07:12 PM

I never thought of that.

Thanks. This makes items from YJA much more affordable.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:46 PM

i don't trust airmail, i always stick with EMS. once had a package take over two months to reach me via airmail.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:53 PM
VGMdb Staff

Airmail always takes a little over a week for me. 2 weeks max. I live in the US so maybe it's different here.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 07:23 PM

yeah i mean the 2months thing was an anomaly but still bleah