VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:25 PM

Shouldn't we have the romaji as the main title? There's no English release for this and I don't see this translation anywhere officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Don't submit a literal translation of a game's name if it differs from the official English game name, or if the game has no English release. It is fine to translate other parts of the album title.
That's from the submission guidelines, but if someone could explain that second sentence to me, that would be nice. I'm not sure what "other parts" means.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:56 PM

Go ahead and remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
That's from the submission guidelines, but if someone could explain that second sentence to me, that would be nice. I'm not sure what "other parts" means.
If you have "幻想水滸伝 音楽集",

幻想水滸伝 = Game Title, no "Fantasy Water Margin"
音楽集 = other parts, "Music Collection" is okay
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:18 PM

Oh, I see, that makes sense. Thanks, I've made the change. Also, it's very odd I picked today to stumble upon this soundtrack, because it's the exact day it was added two years ago.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:57 PM

I've added an alternate scan of the disc. One of the alphanumeric codes at the bottom of the disc is different than the one we have - anyone know anything about that?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:24 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

About the scan, "The one we have" is only a preview disc label. It's not the real thing.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

Oh, that's... weird, I don't quite understand (why we'd want to keep it, that is). But thanks for letting me know
Old Nov 9, 2018, 02:35 PM

does this come bundled with each regular PS2 japanese release? Or was it bundled only with a limited edition of sorts?