VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 16, 2013, 01:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm curious about the composer list here. Is there anything in the packaging indicating that Norihiko Hibino, Shuichi Kobori, and Akihiro Honda were entirely responsible for the music on this album?

The games all group the entire sound staff under the unhelpful header "sound unit," and there are more people than those three:
  • Boktai 1: Kazuki Muraoka, Masashi Watanabe, Norihiko Hibino, Shuichi Kobori (and Nobuko Toda uncredited)
  • Boktai 2: Norihiko Hibino, Shuichi Kobori, Masashi Watanabe, Kazuki Muraoka, Akihiro Honda, Waichiro Ozaki, Nobuko Toda
  • Boktai 3 (15:31): Hiroe Noguchi, Nobuko Toda (as Irone Toda), Masashi Watanabe, Shuichi Kobori, Akihiro Honda
  • Lunar Knights: Hiroe Noguchi, Masashi Watanabe, Masanori Akita, Akihiro Honda, Shuichi Kobori, Nobuko Toda, Yuichi Tsuchiya, Yasuhiro Ichihashi, Tsutomu Watanabe, Tomoharu Nakano, Rie Yamatani, Yutaka Shimoyama, Rie Nakano, Hideyuki Suzuki, Kazuki Muraoka
Old Jan 14, 2019, 06:31 PM

I'd recommend translating "疾風" as "Gale" instead of "Hurricane" as Boktai 3's Sound Test had two other bike themes which were titled "雄風" (Tempest) & "烈風" (Hurricane.) As you can see they were going with a escalating intensity of wind motif with those titles.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; May 13, 2019 at 11:42 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Boktai 1: Kazuki Muraoka, Masashi Watanabe, Norihiko Hibino, Shuichi Kobori (and Nobuko Toda uncredited)
Just out of curiosity, where did you find out that Nobuko Toda was an unaccredited composer for B1?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 08:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Toda hass included the game in works lists as something she composed for, including one linked in that part of the post you quoted
Old Dec 23, 2019, 09:09 PM

oh I see, I don't have a IMDbPro account so I wasn't able to take a good look at that particular link. Regardless, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Oct 17, 2023 at 10:08 PM.