VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:57 PM

Looking around on the internet, I have found this next website: http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/works/20169893.html

There, is listed some composer information that provides some kanjies for some composers (and also, I do not know how accurate it is)

So far, I have found the next ones:
三角由里 maybe is Yuri Misawa
杉山将司 maybe is Shoji Sugiyama.

But I would love if someone knowing japanese could confirm this, specially because google romanizes it in other way.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadai View Post
三角由里 maybe is Yuri Misawa
Actually, 三角由里 is Yuri Misumi. The romanization it's wrong in this entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadai View Post
杉山将司 maybe is Shoji Sugiyama.
And another error in this entry. 杉山将司 is Masashi Sugiyama according to GMCL.

Thanks for catching that! I'll correct the names.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:55 PM

Hehe, thank you then for the information and confirmation! :3

I'm going to fix then the other Katamari albums that have Misawa in their entries!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:12 AM

The current assigned products are We Love Katamari and Me and My Katamari, but some sites like CD Japan say this album is a compilation album and the tracks are selected from the first three titles. Could anybody confirm this?

Also, 2-05 and 2-13 are from Tales of Eternia Online and Splatter House, according to the booklet. Are they arranged version of the respective tracks exclusively created for some Katamari Games? (this is a gray zone issue, and either way I'm not so sure what to do with)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
VGMdb Advisor

From what I remember, the first disc contains songs mainly from Me and My Katamari with a few from We Love Katamari.
The second disc are mostly cutscenes songs, but since the cutscenes are very short just a part was used. The beginning of 2-05 was definitely in We Love Katamari, but I don't know if it was reused or arranged for WLK. Other disc 2 tracks are from gameplay (mostly from WLK with some from M&MK). The first one didn't have cutscene music I believe.

I don't remember any tracks being from the first Katamari, but disc 2 tracks are a bit hard to identify.

(btw, there are stll missing songs...)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks, so this introduction (presumably provided by Columbia) might be deceptive, in that this album isn't complete and probably doesn't include music from the first Katamari.

Quote:
Two-disc complete background music (instrumental) collection for the "Katamari Damacy" series of games. Set includes full BGM collection for "Katamari Damacy" and "We Love Katamari" as well as songs from the upcoming PSP game "Katamari Damacy" (Temporary Japanese title "Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy"), as well as opening and ending themes from the PSP game. Features a number of classical themed tracks.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 09:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Having played the game several times (and compiled a game rip of it back in 2005) I can say with certainty that these tracks originate from We Love Katamari (KD2):
- Disc 1: 10~17
- Disc 2: 02~17 & 20

Disc 1's tracks are straightforward, but many of disc 2's tracks have notes about them:

On disc 2, the bulk of orchestral tracks (03~05,07,09,10,12,13,15,17) only had certain portions of them used in the game; with many of the segments being no more than a few seconds in length. These snippets were mixed into cutscenes, which also included other music cues not on the soundtrack.

Also on disc 2, tracks 02, 11, & 20 are ambient tracks and significantly differ in length between the game and the soundtrack.

Disc 2's track 14 was a hidden track in We Love Katamari, but it did exist on the disc.

I can't account for disc 2, tracks 01, 18, & 19.

---

I would assume disc 1, tracks 01~09 come from Me & My Katamari (KD3), but I never played the game, so I speak with no authority. The game may have used more of the orchestral music as well.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Jun 12, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 09:08 PM

For track 11, where does the title Meadowtronic come from? I can only find the title 草原トロン on any of the scans we have.

Also, on the subject of that title, I'd like to know why it's called Tron the Grasslands. Tron Grasslands is more fluid.