VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 26, 2020, 09:20 AM

Not to be annoying, but to anyone that has ordered this, can you post here and let me know when you get notification when this ships? It's my understanding that the vinyl/CD plants are very backed up (I have other vinyls/CDs ordered elsewhere and they're delayed as well) but I had to buy this off a reseller (I got a decent deal) because I missed the release window.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:15 PM
Trusted Editor

I contacted BigWax (who is the official European distributor for this) a few weeks ago and they said it was still in manufacturing. Limited Run Games say December 2020 for ETA, but I doubt that at this point. I'm guessing we'll see it in January or February.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 01:52 AM
Trusted Editor

I just got a shipping confirmation from BigWax yesterday, so it is finally on its way!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbtz View Post
I just got a shipping confirmation from BigWax yesterday, so it is finally on its way!
Oh, goody goody! Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 09:01 AM

So, I got screwed. The lesson here is don't order items off eBay when you're essentially pre-ordering.

Due to the delay of the item being pressed, I have exceeded the money back guarantee period, so yeah, I'm getting nothing.

So, ordered another one, had to pay way more than I did initially.

Seller has gotten like 20 negatives and has wiped everything from their store. You'd think a seller with 6000 feedback score would be a safe bet, but no.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 05:04 AM

Okay, so I got my hands on this finally.

I have to say, I think the NG box set really spoiled the hell out of us with it's interview. There was SO much info in that set. That aside, the two paragraphs from Ippo in this (one per game) are pretty interesting in how the music was made. Also, the fact that an SSD bit the dust during the production of BMZ2 and they lost some work - dang, that would be terrible!

Also, this will sound like the dumbest question - and I'm not complaining in the slightest or trying to be ignorant, but when it comes to the autograph, I have to wonder. I don't believe they teach cursive in grade schools over here in America anymore (outside a person's name) but is cursive even taught in countries like Japan at all? I'm just curious; I'm fine with Ippo's name being written out the way it is because I can actually read it; half the time when people in English speaking countries sign something I can't decipher the name.

Edit:

Also, when submitting pics for an album with an autograph, I understand I would redact the digital DL codes, but does/should one omit the autograph? I ask because I notice you can't view the pic with the autograph on discogs, plus you wouldn't want to give anyone the chance to make a knock-off, would you?

Last edited by Brad Evans II; Mar 16, 2021 at 05:11 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 05:32 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Also, when submitting pics for an album with an autograph, I understand I would redact the digital DL codes, but does/should one omit the autograph? I ask because I notice you can't view the pic with the autograph on discogs, plus you wouldn't want to give anyone the chance to make a knock-off, would you?
It's not been censored it's just a bug on Discogs. Happens sometimes with the last image in a set. It doesn't have anything to do with it being an autograph.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbtz View Post
It's not been censored it's just a bug on Discogs. Happens sometimes with the last image in a set. It doesn't have anything to do with it being an autograph.
Oh, ok. Thanks.