VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:45 PM

Default KICA-5002~3: GRANDIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS

The Theme of Grandia was one of the tracks that really got me hooked on VGM. The track in conjunction with the opening cinema got me every time. I literally had to watch the movie every time I started my save game. =D

These two discs are made up of a variety of styles heavily influenced from multiple cultures. It's kind of what I like about Iwadare. His tracks often sound out of the ordinary to me, but usually end up quite good. First disc is orchestrated and second is synthesized.

Sandy Beach of Ganbo is gorgeous. Farewell to Sue is a grower contributing some great melancholy. Mullen's militaristic and addictive sound does wonders. Ghost Ship just screams epic and constantly is striving for its climax even though it kind of just drops off. Good nonetheless.

The second part of the soundtrack isn't nearly as good. New Palm is a great town theme. I love Duel with Gadwin with its out of the ordinary western feel. The irish sounding Snow Town =D And Stand and Rise Justin is fun and love the melody. Other then that on the second disc there is not much to note.

I would love to hear from those with a musical background. As I know nothing about composing or the multitude of instrumental sounds that Iwadare seems to use. This album just seems very unique and I know of nothing that sounds anything like it.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Apr 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM.