VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 11, 2016, 01:10 PM

I added the catalog number from the cassette tape and added a new track listing to correct an omission in the original entry. The track listing has the song names as listed on the cassette j-card.

source: I'm half of Marshall Art, and I dubbed the cassettes, printed and painted all the labels, and so on.

Can a staff member remove the original track list?

Also, technically there's a 2nd variation of the cassette tape, should you want to list it. 12 copies were made which were dubbed on to clear with gold foil cassettes, these were given to collaborators, compilation organizers, and supporters of the band. Content wise the album is the same.

EDIT: Also, while I'm pointing out minutiae, the digital download and cassettes are *slightly* different in terms of mastering and track spacing. The biggest difference is the last song ("the Guide...") has a significantly longer period of silence at the beginning.

Last edited by jmr; Jul 11, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 03:24 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

So the digital version have only 12 tracks ?
It should be unchilded then.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 01:54 PM

All versions of the album are 13 tracks. One track is hidden from the bandcamp page due to complications with the song licensing for that one song, but it is included with the download.

EDIT (rather than double post): I updated (well, removed) the mastering credits that were added to the notes for both variants of the release. The mastering credits for the original releases of "My Monkey Drives a Maserati" and "The Whale" do not apply to this release; "Monkey" was remastered for this compilation, and even the PTEsquad release of "The Whale" was mastered by us (Harley's mastered version was a touch too aggressive and loud to our ears so we mastered it ourselves).

Last edited by jmr; Aug 15, 2016 at 12:26 PM.