VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:09 AM

this features both anime and game music. I added "Game" and the tittle changed from green to the other color (the collor that means t belongs to a game).
So my question is, should I leave it like that, or take out that info about the game tracks featured as bonus albums? :/
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

Leave it like that. Even if an album has only one game and anime track it should still have the classifications for each.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:13 AM

But it's not actually from an anime in this case, right? It's from a game. I've listened to other Super Robot Taisen soundtracks and rather than using the original version of the anime songs, they rearrange them for the game. I don't think the anime classification counts in that case. The original is from anime, but this one is not. Or does that not make sense?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

Not quite sure I understand what you said.

Are the bonus BGM tracks taken straight from the game, completely unchanged? If so, then it should still be categorized as Game/Animation. If they are game tracks that were newly arranged for the anime then it should only be Animation.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:42 AM

what are you talking about? another post from you I don't get (edit: @mortavia, writing while nextday...)

srw og the inspector is an anime
this ost only has bonus tracks from a game, that's all
that's why it has anime and game classification
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:07 PM

I was also confused with Mortavia post.
Help a little more with Phono.
This cd has NEW music for the anime "OG -The Inspector-", but, it also features bonus tracks which were Unreleased from the soundtrack of a game called "Super Robot Wars OG Gaiden"...and...
that's it.

Ps: I was not saying what you already Phono, I was just adding a bit more info in case whoever do not understand you, or me, therefoe, will have to read us both. XD
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think Mortavia thought that this was a game soundtrack. In which case, that post would've been correct; the SRW games include a lot of anime reprises, but we only tag them with Game because the music's all arranged for the games.

@Mortavia: SRW OG The Inspector is an anime, not a game. However, the last ten tracks on the second disc are bonus tracks from the game SRW OG Gaiden. Hence, both classifications!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:37 PM

Oh, yeah, I'm familiar with the ones that are game soundtracks that redo anime stuff. I read this and basically saw what I'm familiar with and not what was actually said. My apologies! (Hey, at least I was right for the case I was talking about.)

(Oh and it was hard to tell because Game and Anime were already together in products represented okay no more excuses now bye.)

Last edited by Mortavia; Nov 17, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:32 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent Notes
Guitar: tatsuo
Bass: IKUO
Keyboards: Shiho Terada
Synthesizer Programming: Yoshichika Kuriyama
If I may ask, where did this set of information come from exactly? The OP single?
Because it's nowhere to be found on the actual CD packaging.
EDIT: I've found out that it comes from the jacket of the single CD. My bad.

Last edited by TheFantomConvoy; Mar 13, 2022 at 08:46 PM.