VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:57 AM

I really hope there is another limited edition like it was with ex machina, with the complete soundtrack score.

This movie has bad soundtrack, even worst then ex machina. At this point, no appleseed movie will have such a best soundtrack as the first movie.

DO they know, people want Tetsuya Takahashi music instead of these?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 01:05 PM

Oh what the hex, this is the first time I hear about this movie.. and it's already out.
Gotta check this out and hopefully it's gonna have the same effect as Starship Troopers: Invasion - I had no expectations for that film when it came out out of nowhere, yet it turned out to be a pretty fun ride. (At least it was much better than live action sequels)

The first Appleseed CGI movie is still probably gonna be unbeatable. And the soundtrack was bombastic.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 02:00 PM

This new movie is good. I liked it much more then ex machina. MUCH MORE.
The first CGI is unbeatable to em to. Everything was perfect.
This new movie does feature the original theme of the first appleseed CGI. But in a drama moment... -_- ex machina surprised you on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDVV8YkwWKI
In the last battle with the flying mechas that track suddenly changes to the main theme. (it's the SYNCHRONICITY track)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:44 AM

I must be the only guy who thinks the 1988 OVA has better music than all the movies. ;>
Old Jul 24, 2014, 02:11 PM

not at all... if an actual soundtrack was released, it would be good.
But the OVA had it's own style of 80ts, so there is not a even comparison to something of almost 20 years later.
The first movie has the better soundtrack of all the movies.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:03 AM

This album introduced me to a new band - a duo by the name CAPSULE. Their tracks "Space" and "Depth" are the ones I favored the most and now I want to look up what other things have they done.
Also "You Make Me" by androp is not bad, but its high pitched techno-electronic sound might be not for everyone.

On the other hand I absolutely despise track "Castle" which is a combination of dubstep with western-eastern rap. Bleh.

The movie itself is alright, but if they gonna continue with this re-imagening of Appleseed then they really need to get a different writer and stop aiming at American market so much.