VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 20, 2020, 08:39 AM

This albums sounds like a "Best of S.S.H." album with a pretty good selection of his past tracks arranged. It includes some rare songs from quite long ago (e.g. Barrel Roll, Free Range) as well as lesser-known songs from multi-artist albums in which he contributed a single track (e.g. Ideal, Heavy Rain). In regards to Ideal and Heavy Rain, it's as if he read my mind when selecting which tracks to arrange and include (both of those songs are my frequent go to listens).

Exceed 3rd takes up about half of the album so I guess he is particularly fond of his work here since this is the second time he has arranged these tracks. Again, he chose the high quality standout tracks here for inclusion.

I have to admit that Lost Child seems noticeably missing since that's his first big work and there's no shortage of epic tracks to choose from. Maybe something to do with some other entity still owning the rights to it? Or just a personal preference? Maybe next time.

Only checked the demo so far but based on the tracks alone, it will probably be an album that has something for every S.S.H. fan, old and new. Can't go wrong really.

This album appears to be the first S.S.H. related album that is a digital only release with no physical CD (as of yet). It's going to need 2 CDs if it does happen.

Four Seam is baseball terminology.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 06:15 AM

Goddamn, this album is absolutely incredible. I love pretty much all of it, though I'm especially glad he revisited RECOLLECTION, which has to be one of my most played S.S.H. tracks throughout the years.

Would have been nice if he included Ride the Crimson Sky with Valkyrie but I can't be too miffed. The man's continued ability is simply unbelievable. I can only hope I'll be saying the same thing in 2030.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:28 AM

I did a translation of the liner notes for this album: https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0925

All S.S.H. fans should have a read of the pretty lengthy liner notes for some insight to the inner workings of S.S.H.