VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Is there a source for the arranger names? "George Oldziey, Mat Mitchell, Seth Mendelsohn, Clark Crawford, others "
Old Jul 1, 2009, 03:36 PM

I didn't add that, but..

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...ension/credits

A few are mentioned in the Ultima IX credits for sound effects and music. specifically Mitchell and Crawford. Oldziey is credited for cinematic music. Mendelsohn was a lead designer and voice acting director. But there's no real clear attributions...if I remember to, I'll see if I can contact any of these guys and get a clear answer. Or maybe the manual might clear things up, if I can find it.

Incidentally, I think this enhanced version was included in the Japanese edition of the game, which if I remember correctly was a slightly rounded out version of the Dragon (basically limited) version, which is what I have (and let me tell you, the giant box looks awesome, but the corners tear really easily). Not actually that odd, come to think of it, since Japan actually produced a rather absurd amount of Ultima trinkets early on. A few more feelies for old time's take.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the research. I'll just roll back the arrangers until we have some more definitive proof. It seems they were involved in some other roles that don't quite fit under arranger.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 03:10 PM

Well this one is odd, the back cover shows the 887020 number, but the insert actually says 887010. Strange.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 04:03 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Well this one is odd, the back cover shows the 887020 number, but the insert actually says 887010. Strange.
Probably sub-numbers for the different parts of the packaging.
Most of the soundtracks by Blizzard are like this too.