VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think the display title should be just "PinkSweets Original Sound Track" without the subtitle. It's printed like that everywhere in the album (booklet/CD/obi), and other Cave albums seem pretty consistent about caps and whatnot in their front/cd/obi as well.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:59 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Hard to tell i think.
The subtitle is on the front cover (in blue)
It's also on the middle spine of the obi.

I suggest we remove it from the display title, but keep it for the Japanese one.
And add the full romanized title to the third line.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
I think the display title should be just "PinkSweets Original Sound Track" without the subtitle. It's printed like that everywhere in the album (booklet/CD/obi), and other Cave albums seem pretty consistent about caps and whatnot in their front/cd/obi as well.
Yeah, I'm fine with it, but I think this is something we have to discuss more about because it's at the verge of where we have no standard and can allow discretion. We're at least in agreement with the removal of the fan translation, though.

By the way, I wonder if anybody has access to the old issue of Arcadia which was apparently the only source of the composer breakdown. While VGMdb lacks information on the artist of the fourteenth track, some sources say it's MASA-KING.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Yeah, I'm fine with it, but I think this is something we have to discuss more about because it's at the verge of where we have no standard and can allow discretion.
Oh sorry, I thought the current/common trend (from the Castlevania poll and the title discussion threads) is to list in the display line the English title used in the obi/front (if it's consistent, there is one and no western title), then the JP title, then romanizations. But if it's still unsure let's see what others think.

Do you know the aprox. Arcadia date/number? I think Ramtieger has all the issues and maybe he could look into it if we ask nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul
I suggest we remove it from the display title, but keep it for the Japanese one.
Oh, I meant for the display title, indeed we should keep the sub in the JP and romanized lines since it's in the obi/cover like you say.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:57 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Seriously, did Cave ever came close to such awesomeness again ?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:34 AM

If you like it that much you should slow down the track "Is Pink Finally Necessary" and listen to it.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Do you know the aprox. Arcadia date/number? I think Ramtieger has all the issues and maybe he could look into it if we ask nicely

Oh, I meant for the display title, indeed we should keep the sub in the JP and romanized lines since it's in the obi/cover like you say.
Yeah, I have nearly every issue, so if someone could tell me which issue it is I can see if I can help.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 02:31 AM

As for the title of this album, we have some cases that even if the subtitle-less title in English was printed somewhere else, we went for what's written on the front cover (like this or this). I really don't mind either way, but preferably want to be consistent with other entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki View Post
Seriously, did Cave ever came close to such awesomeness again ?
ESPGALUDA II BL, DDPDFK WL & BL, Deahsmiles I&II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtieger View Post
Yeah, I have nearly every issue, so if someone could tell me which issue it is I can see if I can help.
It seems the 2006, June issue. If you could provide a scan or such, much appreciated.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
It seems the 2006, June issue. If you could provide a scan or such, much appreciated.
Sadly, the 2006 issues are some of the few I don't yet have. If I manage to hunt it down on YJA I'll see if I can provide some scans some time later, though.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 04:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Ok I found scans, seems they have full credits (MASA-KING did 4/14).
There is info about a super rare promo CD signed by the staff too (if somebody wants to go ahead and add it...)

The article also has portraits for the sound staff, nice (Matsumoto / Saitou / Naitou / MICHI"PAD-A" / Kakinuma / Kizakura / MasaKING if you are wondering).

(EDIT: full images)
http://i.imgur.com/UcDuV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oJdJd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bSyU5.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arcadia_073 #176.jpg (133.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg arcadia_073 #177.jpg (141.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg arcadia_073 #070.jpg (154.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Dag; Nov 11, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:17 AM

A bit too late, but now I stand corrected and definitely go with the subtitle-less display title (I think I've been doing like this for recent Atelier soundtracks!).
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
VGMdb Advisor

anyone know anything about the identity of MICHI"PAD-A" -- enough that we could make an artist bio out of it? A twitter account? Anything?

EDIT -- and a note to self. When album arrives, do scan of tray, new scans of discs, obi front, and case back.

Last edited by Ramza; Oct 28, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:15 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Probably Michihiro Yamasaki
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks Dag. I made the edits. I think the facebook page you pointed out is about as definitive proof as we'd need.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Something possibly worth researching:

disc 1 track 2 is credited to both MASA-KING and one Rieko Kakinuma

I wouldn't necessarily find this strange, except that Kakinuma appears only for the credit of this one song, and if you check vgmdb that remains Kakinuma's only song ever written for all of vgm.

And considering MASA-KING's full name isn't known ... could MASA-KING *be* Kakinuma?

I have little to no Kanji-reading skills, so obviously this will take someone going through the booklet scans, as well as foraging info from elsewhere.

Thanks to whomever takes this on!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:39 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Kakinuma (female) composed 1.02 and Masa-KING (male) fleshed it out, basically.
As for other works, maybe mobile stuff?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

aha, I see.

I knew Rieko was a female name. Wasn't 100% confirmed that "MASA-KING" is a known dude or if that's assumed based on the "king" part.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:45 PM

Yes, he's been featured on several cavemobile videos, where going by the voice you can tell so fairly sure. Specifically in one of them you can perfectly notice he's a dude.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!