VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:49 AM

Default Can anyone help identify this VG track?

Hey all. This is my first post here, and I guess there would be better ways of introducing myself than just asking for a favor first thing off the bat, but I'm in kind of a jam.

A friend and I have been creating an RPG for several years, and for the past two years, I've been trying to identify these two tracks (both from RPGs, I believe) we had put into the game early on, so that we can re-acquire them in a better format and also properly credit the source that we got them from.

Note that while they may sound like old PC games, this is more than likely because the sound clips in question are from midis that were converted to AdLib music. They are more likely to be from 8-bit or more recent consoles.

I figure that if there's any place on the internet that is an authority on the subject of RPG or VG music in general, it's here. So, I'm asking for assistance from you guys - can anyone identify either of the following two tracks?

http://konami.heysuburbia.com/hor_battle.mp3
http://konami.heysuburbia.com/hor_castle.mp3

Even if you don't know for sure, any guesses or anything would be appreciated. I'm even interested in "vague impressions"; anything that might lead me to finding the source for these two tracks.

Thanks very much for your time, and I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place or anything.

-- Full disclosure: I also cross-posted this to OCRemix. If anyone happens to see the same text in both places, please don't regard it as "spamming" or being disrespectful to either community; I'm merely trying to save time.