VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 2, 2017, 03:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Chrystian View Post
How do you guys treat interpuncts like that? What is the standart for english replacement? I've been looking in some albums, and I can't see a pattern, some of them are replaced for spaces, others for "-" and others for "/".
Part of it is that we don't really have any consistent punctuation guidelines, and part of it is that the interpunct is used in slightly different ways in Japanese and contextually it'll make sense to treat it differently.

Most of the time it's used to separate katakana loanwords or parts of a name, in which case it's best to just use a space because that's the English word separator. Every title on this album falls into that category.

Other times it's used as a more general separator between phrases, names and titles, or items in a list, in which case it makes sense to use other punctuation as appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
A small doubt I have... the JP Kirby wiki credits track 124, Truck Chase from Canvas Curse, to Hirokazu Ando, but he didn't compose for that game. Does the sound test really credit Ando or is it an error of the wiki?
I can't personally check the sound test yet, but this wiki lists it as Ishikawa as expected, so I'm pretty sure the JP Kirby Wiki just goofed yeah.

Last edited by CHz; Jan 2, 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Made some romaji changes, notes:
  • Area names (1.04, 1.14, 1.19, 1.25, 2.01, and 2.10) are as they appear in-game
  • 1.08/2.25 桃球(ももだま) => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisjAaE_osY&t=1m52s
  • 1.13 Maaaaybe a combination of "clouds" and "spark" instead, but this plays at the end of a level when you're looking at your stickers so "spark" doesn't make a whole lot of sense. (But neither does "park"...)
  • 1.31 Doesn't make a whole lot of sense (it's the pause screen music), but it can't really be anything else I don't think? Maybe "mother" short for motherboard, "caption" referring to the pause screen text? EDIT: Maybe referencing Mother Computer???
  • 2.05 I don't think ミライカナリ appears in-game, this could potentially be a weird name
  • 2.07 Considered pou instead, but this JP Kirby Wiki page goes with hou for a different enemy from Triple Deluxe (not sure how good this info is though). Also 伝導電 = DDD lmao
  • 2.09 JP Kirby Wiki sources a reading of beya to the Kirby 20th anniversary encyclopedia, so thanks for confirming something that didn't really need to be confirmed I guess
  • 2.22 Nushi? Shu?

Last edited by CHz; Jan 3, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 02:35 PM

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can re-translate the soundtrack for English? I feel like the English translation I got for this soundtrack seemed iffy and wonky (no offense to the translator), so if anyone can properly translate the soundtrack, I will be mighty grateful.

Last edited by EthansDreamLand; Mar 5, 2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 04:18 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

what does "Reprise Composition" mean? does it mean original composer, or arranger? And i'm assuming it's just because the credits were like this originally, but what could "lead sound" and "sound" mean?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 04:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivda View Post
what does "Reprise Composition" mean? does it mean original composer, or arranger?
Original composition of reprised songs from previous Kirby games

Quote:
And i'm assuming it's just because the credits were like this originally, but what could "lead sound" and "sound" mean?
Those are indeed how they're credited in the booklet and game, "lead" means that Ando was in charge