VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 17, 2016, 03:05 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Just like Triple Deluxe, this game also has "artist" credits for every song in the sound test (which, depending on the song, may be composition for the original stuff or arrangement for the reprises). We'll need to wait for this to come out to figure out what song on this album is actually what, though the JP Kirby Wikia has some guesses.

A few official-ish English song titles from Nintendo sources (2.24 in particular is pretty Google Translate-y though):

Quote:
1.05: Venturing into the Mechanised World [1]
1.08: Pink Ball Activate! [2]
1.20: Bountiful Star [1]
1.26: Dried-up Sea [1]
1.34: VS. The Wicked Company [1]
2.14: L86 [1]
2.17: Crazy Rolling in Money [1]
2.20: VS. Star Dream [1]
2.21: Fatal Error [1]
2.22: Intermezzo Without a Leader [1]
2.23: First Cry of a Newborn Star [1]
2.24: Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection [1]

1: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replie...AAB2V0e7luXqEw
2: 3DS home menu theme

Last edited by CHz; Dec 20, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:03 PM
VGMdb Staff

With Tablier releasing Zelda soundtracks and now HAL releasing a Kirby soundtrack... is the future of Nintendo soundtracks starting to look brighter?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:30 PM

I really really hope so, NextDay, because Nintendo Music is just too GOOD to miss out on!! This is DEFINITELY surprising to me and I hope it continues.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 04:48 AM

Are those illustration cards only included with the first press?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:22 AM

Not exactly my favourite recent Kirby soundtrack, but still - the news that this is getting a soundtrack release made my day. Will be ordered!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 03:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Planet Robobot is my favorite Kirby soundtrack now. I thought this was Jun Ishikawa's best overall work since Kirby 64 (my previous favorite); the electronic sound direction of the game worked to his advantage and he sounded completely in his element. And Ando... god, Ando is good.

I definitely didn't do anything good enough this year to deserve getting a 2 disc soundtrack release for this game.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 01:31 PM

Anyone know where to get this without a middleman or huge markup? Amazon.jp won't deliver it, though oddly enough I can get Kirby Cafe.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
Anyone know where to get this without a middleman or huge markup? Amazon.jp won't deliver it, though oddly enough I can get Kirby Cafe.
CDJapan has it up as a Special Order, so you won't get CDJapan points for it, but you can still get it there.

That's where I've pre-ordered mine from.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireef View Post
CDJapan has it up as a Special Order, so you won't get CDJapan points for it, but you can still get it there.

That's where I've pre-ordered mine from.
I got mine from amazon.jp .. like $34 USD and thats including shipping cost.. cdjapan wanted like $40+ and that's not including shipping.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 06:16 PM

Interesting. It was listed as not available for shipping to the US earlier when I wanted to preorder. Seems that has changed
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I got mine from amazon.jp .. like $34 USD and thats including shipping cost.. cdjapan wanted like $40+ and that's not including shipping.
Whenever I bought stuff from Amazon.jp before they only had DHL as a shipping choice and the price was really expensive. That was for shipping to the U.K. though. Not sure if it's changed now, though. If shipping is cheaper now, then that's good, though.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 04:35 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Whenever I bought stuff from Amazon.jp before they only had DHL as a shipping choice and the price was really expensive. That was for shipping to the U.K. though. Not sure if it's changed now, though. If shipping is cheaper now, then that's good, though.
I think it's still expensive for Europe, but for US it's pretty cheap. Only like $8 for 2 day shipping from Japan.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 04:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's pretty cheap for EU actually, around 8€. Even counting the custom fees you pay upfront (if that's a thing where you live) it's still way cheaper than CDJ and its absurd fees, and you get it much earlier.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
It's pretty cheap for EU actually, around 8€. Even counting the custom fees you pay upfront (if that's a thing where you live) it's still way cheaper than CDJ and its absurd fees, and you get it much earlier.
I just checked, and Amazon.co.jp don't seem to be selling it right now. Only available from third party sellers at the moment, it seems. Guess they are probably just temporarily out of stock.

Nice to hear the shipping costs are cheaper to the U.K. now. I remember when I ordered the Sonic Generations soundtrack from Amazon.co.jp, they only had DHL as a shipping option and the shipping alone cost me around £30. That, and I had to wait an extra day to get the CD because DHL told me they forgot to load the CD on to the truck.

I suppose I should hold on to my CDJapan pre-order for Kirby: Planet Robobot soundtrack for now and hope they ship it soon.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
I got mine off Amazon.jp delivered to the States, not sure where you are located so YMMV
Old Dec 16, 2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I just checked, and Amazon.co.jp don't seem to be selling it right now. Only available from third party sellers at the moment, it seems. Guess they are probably just temporarily out of stock.

Nice to hear the shipping costs are cheaper to the U.K. now. I remember when I ordered the Sonic Generations soundtrack from Amazon.co.jp, they only had DHL as a shipping option and the shipping alone cost me around £30. That, and I had to wait an extra day to get the CD because DHL told me they forgot to load the CD on to the truck.

I suppose I should hold on to my CDJapan pre-order for Kirby: Planet Robobot soundtrack for now and hope they ship it soon.
I must have gotten lucky for Amazon.JP then..
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I must have gotten lucky for Amazon.JP then..
Looks like it.

Thankfully, my CDJapan order is now in the Shipping Process.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 07:03 AM

If anyone else is looking for it, otaku.com has it for retail price.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 08:29 AM

Wow, that was... fast.

End of last week I tried to get it from CDJapan, but by now they did inform me that the item is no longer available and they already did a refund of my payment. Don't see it listet on Otaku.com either. Odd.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPI View Post
Wow, that was... fast.

End of last week I tried to get it from CDJapan, but by now they did inform me that the item is no longer available and they already did a refund of my payment. Don't see it listet on Otaku.com either. Odd.
Yeah, immediately when my order shipped from CDJapan, which was today, it said it was no longer available on the site. Guess I was really lucky.

Is this CD rare? Either that, or Hal Labs may have just not predicted how popular the CD would be.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 05:25 PM

Is there a composer breakdown? All tracks can't be both Hirokazu Ando and Jun Ishikawa .. lol
Old Dec 20, 2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Is there a composer breakdown? All tracks can't be both Hirokazu Ando and Jun Ishikawa .. lol
You can get a feel for their work by looking at the music notes in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot's jukebox. The note colour in the sound test denotes whether a song was by Ando (blue notes) or Ishikawa (red notes). Personally I prefer Ando; he did more of my favorites.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 04:03 AM

Kirby CDs always seem to be expensive and impossible to find (except for Kirby 64, which is still available new for some reason). Kirby's Adventure, Kira Kira Kids and The Amazing Mirror generally go for 30,000-50,000 yen, and the Wii album is generally around 10,000 yen. I think the demand for Kirby albums exceeds the supply, and the publisher never makes enough.

Let's hope HAL has another printing.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 08:27 AM

It's back on Amazon JP, guys, take it while it's there.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 07:44 AM

Thanks CHz for filling the composer breakdown! Curious to know all the details about the "Reprise compositions" section!

Anyway, can someone tell me if isn't better "Green · Laboratory" rather than "Green ・ Laboratory"? I don't understand much about the "unicode characters" stuff and the detailed standarts for tracklist submitting, but the latter form looks really strange to me.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The interpuncts shouldn't be there at all. Neither the English nor romaji tracklist is very good in general, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Chrystian View Post
Thanks CHz for filling the composer breakdown! Curious to know all the details about the "Reprise compositions" section!
1.06: KDL Green Greens
1.07: quotes KA Arena (0:30)
1.10: KDL3 Sand Canyon 3
1.11: KDL Invincible
1.12: KDL Kirby Dance
1.13: KDL Bubbly Clouds
1.17: RTDL Sky Tower
1.18: Didn't add this because it's loose, but I think this is clearly referencing KDL Float Islands (chords, some melodic rhythm, notes at 0:20-0:27)
1.22: KDL Float Islands
1.27: KDL Shooting
1.28: K64 Factory Tour
1.29: KDL Miss
1.30: RTDL Game Over
1.36: KDL Kirby Dance
1.37: TDX Toy Rhythm
1.38: KDL Mt. Dedede (boss select)
1.39: KDL Title
1.40: KDL Green Greens
1.41: K64 Boss
1.42: K64 Dark Star
1.43: KSS Battle with the Boss
1.45: KDL Green Greens
1.46: KA Butter Building
1.47: Star Stacker GB - Very Cool
1.48: KSS The Battleship Halberd: On Deck
1.49: KA Final Boss
1.50: RTDL CROWNED
1.51: KA Cloud Level
1.52: KSS Save Hut (KDL Float Islands)
2.04: KDL2 Dark Castle
2.07: KSS Revenge of Meta Knight Map, KDL VS. Dedede, KSS My Friend and the Setting Sun...
2.09: KDL VS. Dedede
2.15: KSS VS. Meta Knight
2.20: quotes KSS The Battleship Halberd: Interior (2:03) and KDL Green Greens (2:39)
2.24: quotes KSS Galactic Nova (1:37)
2.28: quotes KDL Green Greens (3:31)
2.29: KSS Revenge of Meta Knight Map
2.30: KSS My Friend and the Setting Sun...
2.31: KSS Revenge of Meta Knight Title, KSS Revenge of Meta Knight Opening
2.32: KDL Float Islands
2.33: KDL Float Islands
2.36: KA VS. Real Dark Matter, KA VS. Dark Matter phase 1
2.37: TDX Dirty&Beauty
2.38: KSSU The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy
2.40: KSS Galactic Nova
2.42: K64 Ripple Star Map

Last edited by CHz; Jan 1, 2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Let's use the English name of the K64 final stage
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:14 AM

Thank you very much for posting these up CHz! It's actually funny as only a day earlier I had started making my own guesses about composers, but I never actually finished; glad I didn't have to.

Few surprises in general, though one of nicest bits of info to come out of this is 1.47 VS. Cook Kawasaki (Kirby’s Star Stacker) being attributed to Jun Ishikawa. That game still remains a mystery. I still want to believe that Ando worked on it directly, but it's nice to rule one song out. I seem to remember another song was reprised in K:RtD but of course we don't have official credits for that anyway.

Favourite songs: Loving Yellow Bunbunrun ♪, Gorgeous ☆ Go Round ♪, Toy Box
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:38 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Few surprises in general, though one of nicest bits of info to come out of this is 1.47 VS. Cook Kawasaki (Kirby’s Star Stacker) being attributed to Jun Ishikawa. That game still remains a mystery. I still want to believe that Ando worked on it directly, but it's nice to rule one song out. I seem to remember another song was reprised in K:RtD but of course we don't have official credits for that anyway.
Robobot's sound test also has VS. Poppy Bros. Jr., also credited to Ishikawa. So that's two!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
The interpuncts shouldn't be there at all. Neither the English nor romaji tracklist is very good in general, to be honest.
How do you guys treat interpuncts like that? What is the standart for english replacement? I've been looking in some albums, and I can't see a pattern, some of them are replaced for spaces, others for "-" and others for "/". I'm very interested in making a better tracklist, can you guide me?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 07:42 AM

A small doubt I have... the JP Kirby wiki credits track 124, Truck Chase from Canvas Curse, to Hirokazu Ando, but he didn't compose for that game. Does the sound test really credit Ando or is it an error of the wiki?

Last edited by RBM95; Jan 2, 2017 at 08:01 AM.