VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Added the tracklist from Joshinweb. They put tracklists early so it's good to check them. No idea when they added it though.
Also they credit (performers) 18-2 to 山田智志 and 18-17 to Yoko Aramaki (荒牧陽子)
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Seems like track 6 on Disc 3 is the one I'm looking for. Thanks for submitting the tracklist, Dag
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:33 PM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:44 PM

The final tracklists and samples are now on konamistyle official site too.

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/dracula_cd2010/list2.html
http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/dracula_cd2010/list3.html
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Excellent. Thanks, guys!

They apparently took the tracks and titles straight from the Dracula X album for Disc 5; Op. 13 is what should be Slash (or maybe the other way around?).

To clarify, the "Op. 13" track here is the same track arranged as "Slash" on the recent Castlevania Judgment soundtrack.

EDIT: Requiem is missing. Perhaps because the same exact track is used on Circle of the Moon? (Hopefully they used the higher quality version.)

EDIT 2: Somewhat saddening that half of the Order of Ecclesia soundtrack is missing. But the good news is they've kept the better half (mostly the stage and battle themes). All of my favorite tracks are here. I'll list them off in English using the Sound Test translations.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Mar 10, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Disc 15
Spoiler:
1 An Empty Tome
2 A Prologue
3 Chapel Hidden in Smoke
4 Symphony of Battle
5 A Clashing of Waves*
6 Rhapsody of the Forsaken
7 Jaws of a Scorched Earth*
8 Emerald Mist
9 Unholy Vespers
10 Wandering the Crystal Blue
11 Dissonant Courage
12 Edge of the Sky
13 Tragedy's Pulse
14 Hard Won Nobility
15 Sorrow's Distortion
16 Lament to the Master
17 An Empty Tome
18 Malak's Labyrinth
19 Ebony Wings
20 Tower of Dolls
21 The Colossus
22 Order of the Demon
23 Requiem of Star-Crossed Nights
24 Lone Challenger
25 Riddle

The "*" tracks have slightly different Kanji, but they should be the same thing.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:29 AM

Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:58 PM

Should we add 'Talk' to the classifications because the bonus DVD contains an interview with Yamane? The conclusion may affect the precedent entries such as CT DS or SO4. Another thing I've been trying to figure out is if there is another release of this box which lacks the DVD, as multiple site imply this is some kinds of limited printing, but information is scarce.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 01:43 PM

Added a temporary English tracklist off of memory for the time being. A lot of it was left untranslated.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan422 View Post
Added a temporary English tracklist off of memory for the time being. A lot of it was left untranslated.
I think it's better if we refrain from adding semi-complete English translations, as it makes little sense and just causes confusion. So I rejected your addition - particularly since Prime Blue already stated that he is working on a translation.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Can someone update the games per disc in the notes, now that the content of the discs has changed?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:04 PM

Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:37 PM

Whoa. I can't believe they scrapped their initial plan and included Boku Draculakun GB, which in my opinion sounds better than the FC one!

But still, it's depressing to know that with so much disc space (there should be a good twenty minutes of space in disc three, and disc five also should have space) they didn't include XX. What a shame.

With this set released, there are still some Dracula games without a proper soundtrack release, namely:

West:

Simon's Quest (NES version)
Dracula's Curse (NES version)
Order of Shadows

East:
Akumajo Dracula XX
Akumajo Dracula Mokushiroku Gaiden Cornell no Densetsu

On the bad side of things, disc 6 doesn't certainly contain all of the extra SS tracks promised. Disc 2 still groups the Akumajo Densetsu tracks together, and here I was hoping for a new recording, jeez. The presence of Requiem in CotM is really no excuse to not have it in Rondo.
Continuing with the gripes, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the arrange cd selection - three tunes out of VK? sigh, with the so many memorable tunes Castlevania has got in its long history...

Oh well, on the PLUS side of things, it seems that the shrinking of double OSTs (LOI, COD, OOE) has been handled with a certain care, making probably these discs a more condensed and essential listening than the original releases...

Last edited by The Gambler; Mar 14, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
Excellent. Thanks, guys!

They apparently took the tracks and titles straight from the Dracula X album for Disc 5; Op. 13 is what should be Slash (or maybe the other way around?).

To clarify, the "Op. 13" track here is the same track arranged as "Slash" on the recent Castlevania Judgment soundtrack.
You're in error, the Op.13 and Slash in the Dracula X album (KICA7622) were correct, iirc. They were misplaced in the Dracula Battle arrange album (KICA1145).
Old Mar 14, 2010, 07:47 PM

So the recent Castlevania arcade game has a secret ending with Tokimeki Memorial music? Konami did the same thing with Silent Hill arcade - the UFO ending plays a whistle version of Challenger 1985.

I wonder if any other Konami arcade games have cameos like that...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:15 AM

Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:56 AM

Prime, I suppose romanization is better than translation in the case of tokimeki-hearththrob...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Blue View Post
Vulcan422, you completely destroyed the English tracklist with your edits...
How is the tracklist now? I couldn't figure out which edits to reject after you made your fixes, so I kept them all. From this point, I'll keep an eye on the album; it's easier for me to undo somebody's edits than it is for you to manually fix them all.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:10 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Vulcan422, you completely destroyed the English tracklist with your edits...
I think it's better to go with romanizations for the the main titles of the games that are being referenced in the tracklist, just like we do with album titles. Sub-titles can be translated though. Also - it's been a while since I played the game - but shouldn't it be "The Stolen Seal"? Only one is stolen IIRC.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:18 AM

Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
I undid the changes, though I'd find it helpful if newly submitted tracklists and pending changes are approved by moderators before they will be displayed. That way, controversial things can be discussed before they're actually spread and other sites pick them up.
I think that's against the spirit of the site and would needlessly slow it down, just to avoid some incorrect changes here or there. (Vulcan is really insistent about his changes tho)

Quote:
I find it a bit weird to include romanized Japanese titles in an English tracklist, though some games sound weird if translated completely, Tokimeki Memorial being just one example. The thing is, where should we draw the line?
I think we should go for the better known or more sensical title, case by case. Really, why force "Hearththrob Memorial" when nobody calls the game that? In the JP tracklist it's a clear reference but in the EN tracklist somebody will think it's a new game or something. "Devil's Castle" is borderline but since this site uses "Akumajo", either that or good ol' Castlevania would do better.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:18 PM

Another issue is consistency with other tracklists. We can absolutely decide that "Can't Wait Until Night" is a better translation than "Don't Wait Until Night", but we should make sure that the particular tune's title is consistent on every album it is featured (and they are more than one might think).
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:51 PM

For those of you wondering if akiropito is Akira Yamaoka, here is your answer:

http://twitter.com/AkiraYamaoka/status/10558610745

Edit: removed the "_JP" from the link because he dropped it from his Twitter name

Last edited by the_miker; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:36 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_miker View Post
For those of you wondering if akiropito is Akira Yamaoka, here is your answer:

http://twitter.com/AkiraYamaoka_JP/status/10558610745
Thanks a lot, Mike. I don't know the game composers policy about aliases, but I'm wondering if he could tell who is akiropito, since he worked with him in SoTN...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:30 AM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Not to say Yamaoka is Akiropito, but is the Twitter account confirmed to be legit somewhere? It's usually just some random guy posing as the real person...
Well, if Suda 51 and some composers follow him I think we can believe is really Yamaoka.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Something like that would be cool:

[picture]

Not to say Yamaoka is Akiropito, but is the Twitter account confirmed to be legit somewhere? It's usually just some random guy posing as the real person...
I think you'd rather wait till Gigablah finally implements the feature he's (apparently) working on:

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3740
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:32 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
I find it a bit weird to include romanized Japanese titles in an English tracklist, though some games sound weird if translated completely, Tokimeki Memorial being just one example. The thing is, where should we draw the line? For Zelda no Densetsu, it's certainly better to just use The Legend of Zelda. But what about Torneco no Daibōken or Hoshi no Kirby or Yonjūroku Okunen Monogatari, for example? Or the titles of the Professor Layton series? Those can be translated into English just fine and they sound nicer than just romanizing the Japanese.
I agree with what Dag said, but I think the problem occurs when a game has been released in the west under a completely different name, and is well known to gamers under that name. i.e:

Sekaiju no Meikyuu / Etrian Odyssey
Akumajo Densetsu / Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Still, I reckon the amount of game's that fall into this 'gray-area' is rather small - seems to be mainly the Castlevania series causing problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Thanks a lot, Mike. I don't know the game composers policy about aliases, but I'm wondering if he could tell who is akiropito, since he worked with him in SoTN...
From his response it sounded like he didn't even know the name - perhaps passing him the original hiragana (あきろぴと) would help jog his memory. It would be nice to finally know who this is =)
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:00 PM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:38 PM

Sorry, I'm still working on getting his official confirmation about Sayaka and Akiropito, but hope to publish something soon. Would be great if one of you get there first! He's quite a mysterious guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd prefer these pseudonyms not to be found, though the indirect approach through asking about projects accredited to pseudonyms seems more productive. In addition, a very large amount of circumstantial evidence indicates both are him.