VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 15, 2016, 03:33 PM

As stated in the notes, it combines music from those two albums. Don't bother compare track listings, because the tracklist in this release is different. It combines in 1 track all tracks related to the title from both Cyber Cop previous releases.
You can check the booklet for the tracks used, and it points the Sound Effects used.
Some tracks were also renamed from the previous releases to match the tracks thematic of this release.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't see how Ichiro Nitta is a solid anime composer, so I've disabled these.

If there's something I'm missing let me know and I'll re-enable them.

EDIT: same with Akihiko Matsumoto & Returner.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 05:07 AM

good. so everyone can go outside those lines, but I can't.
Can I say something? Favoritism

There are liberties for some things, regarding the same X, but then those liberties are cut off. Logic?

Last edited by RomanticScent; Nov 16, 2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 05:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

No one's submitting Ichiro Nitta's work albums because he's not a solid anime composer.

The logic is here: http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16475
Old Nov 16, 2016, 05:14 AM

right.- Like this solid composer... with 2 only works composed
http://vgmdb.net/artist/17706

but still has that blue thing accepted
Old Nov 16, 2016, 05:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's not rocket science: Saki's franchise is based on a manga (and even has a bunch of anime adaptations), so it's accepted.
Why do you think Sukeban Deka is accepted for Nitta?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 05:20 AM

#ichirounittahate
Old Nov 16, 2016, 09:33 AM
Trusted Editor

I don't understand well why this album has been rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
No one's submitting Ichiro Nitta's work albums because he's not a solid anime composer.

The logic is here: http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16475
What is a "solid" anime composer for you Illidan? You mean a composer who released a big quantity of albums?
This website lists all the works of Ichirou Nitta in anime and image albums:
http://www.spectrum-fan.net/discogra...iran.anime.htm

It's not a short discography.
So we need to add several albums of Nitta in VGMdb yet.

If you add the Maskman soundtracks by Goro Ohmi, i think you can add this tokusatsu soundtrack of Ichirou Nitta. Except his numerous image albums for Guin Saga, Goro Ohmi has done less work in anime than Ichirou Nitta.

And Secret Squirrel said today in the thread of Bioman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
I think the distinction here is not that Sentai albums are forbidden. They are allowed if there is a connection to one of our artist discographies. More directly, if a BGM composer is noteworthy enough, you can put some of his/her Sentai albums on here. But we aren't trying to cover the Sentai genre because it is not in our scope.

Of course, notability is rather subjective, and we don't have any formulas for how many game/anime albums it takes to earn each out-of-scope allbum, so it will always come down to best judgement.
Personally, I think that Ichirou Nitta is a master composer, one of the best composers of the 80's, and his discography in anime/manga is enough to add his original works.
Plus Cybercop is just one of the best tokusatsu soundtracks i have heard in my life. Yes, a masterpiece.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:18 AM
VGMdb Administrator

About Ichiro Nitta, I've actually already explained here: http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16458
I don't believe I need to add anything else.

About Goro Ohmi, which by the way I didn't add nor I have approved, I'll leave the decision to someone else.
I believe he's certainly better than Nitta in this regard given he has a number of anime arrange and directly-related image albums to his name as well, but I certainly wouldn't say he's a very solid composer/arranger. Not opposed to have one or two unrelated entries from him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
Personally, I think that Ichirou Nitta is a master composer, one of the best composers of the 80's, [...]
Plus Cybercop is just one of the best tokusatsu soundtracks i have heard in my life. Yes, a masterpiece.
Ok, but the fact that a composer is good or not is not relevant to the discussion. Noteworthy doesn't mean skilled.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 01:01 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
What is a "solid" anime composer for you Illidan? You mean a composer who released a big quantity of albums?
This website lists all the works of Ichirou Nitta in anime and image albums:
http://www.spectrum-fan.net/discogra...iran.anime.htm

It's not a short discography.
By showing this list you can only do harm to your argument.
Among these 41 entries, only 15 are of original anime/comics works.
Others are duplicate (12 Dallos ), reprints, compilation and 9 are live action/musical...

And this site is a joke, tons of stuff missing like The Super Gal or arrangement for Junko Hirotani 3rd solo album to name a very few...

No doubt Nitta was good but look at his discography; it's really short because he was only very active for about a decade with a real boom between 1982-1985... After that, he mainly switched to anime/live-action and then disappeared in 1988/89

And again, don't get "fooled" by his discography page here on VGMdb, it's already full of reprints and compilations plus already some "works" album... Adding Nanako SOS, Patalliro! and Yagami-kun won't change much about that...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 03:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
About Goro Ohmi, which by the way I didn't add nor I have approved, I'll leave the decision to someone else.
I believe he's certainly better than Nitta in this regard given he has a number of anime arrange and directly-related image albums to his name as well
Well, if I add up the anime soundtracks, the anime arrangements and the image albums related to mangas for Nitta and Ohmi, it is the same thing (and yet, Guin Saga is not even a manga but a novel). And as I said it before, Nitta has done much work than Ohmi if we count just the anime soundtracks.

After, I don't have really something to add.

I think maybe it would be better if there was a common decision of all the members of the staff about this album of Ichiro Nitta, or his other original works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald
By showing this list you can only do harm to your argument.
Among these 41 entries, only 15 are of original anime/comics works.
Others are duplicate (12 Dallos ), reprints, compilation and 9 are live action/musical...

And this site is a joke, tons of stuff missing like The Super Gal or arrangement for Junko Hirotani 3rd solo album to name a very few...

No doubt Nitta was good but look at his discography; it's really short because he was only very active for about a decade with a real boom between 1982-1985... After that, he mainly switched to anime/live-action and then disappeared in 1988/89

And again, don't get "fooled" by his discography page here on VGMdb, it's already full of reprints and compilations plus already some "works" album... Adding Nanako SOS, Patalliro! and Yagami-kun won't change much about that...
Yes, this link is maybe not perfect with some missing like The Super Gal or Bari Bari Legend Image Album (yes, i saw well the numerous "Dallos", but we do not care ^^), but I put it to show the discography page of Nitta on VGMdb was not complete for the moment.
Also, this page doesn't list his solo albums or his compositions/arrangements for other singers.

And if I count well all his soundtracks for animes and mangas, I reach more 20 albums than 15 already. There is a bit more to add in VGMdb that Patalliro! (3 albums), Yagami-kun (2 albums) or Nanako SOS.
Also, the fact he worked only one decade is a bad argument for me.

OK, I'm not going to say that Ichiro Nitta has an incredible discography in anime, he can't be compared to some "monsters" like Shunsuke Kikuchi or Kenji Kawai by example of course, but 20 albums if we count anime soundtracks and image albums related to mangas, it's no so short. It's comparable to Goro Ohmi, once again.

I noticed too some anime composers in VGMdb, who have much less work than Nitta, have their original work here.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 01:25 AM
Trusted Editor

Even complete, Nitta's discography would be short. That's what I wanted to say when I wrote he was active for a decade, less If we only consider anime/comics....

If we add live action stuff, the ratio would be close to 60/40. It's a bit too much. I think with the Sukeban Deka already added, staff consider it's already enough...
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:

I believe he's certainly better than Nitta in this regard given he has a number of anime arrange and directly-related image albums to his name as well, but I certainly wouldn't say he's a very solid composer/arranger. Not opposed to have one or two unrelated entries from him though.
To Ohmi's defense he did do more anime music than what is listed in his discography but they are unreleased. The 1990 anime movie Heavy, the first season of Grander Musashi (Only Grander Musashi RV BGM got released), and Future Boy Conan II Taiga Adventure. Not sure if this helps his case much but I just had to put that out there.

I was a little conflicted with myself on adding Maskman but what really made me do it was that Hironobu Kageyama, a huge anime name, was involved and that made me think it would definitely seal the deal for it to get approved.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 04:51 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
Even complete, Nitta's discography would be short. That's what I wanted to say when I wrote he was active for a decade, less If we only consider anime/comics....
I don't agree with you. If we count ALL the works of Ichiro Nitta (especially with Spectrum/Horn Spectrum), as singer/performer/composer/arranger, his discography is no short. Maybe rather short in duration, but not in quantity.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 06:00 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
I don't agree with you. If we count ALL the works of Ichiro Nitta (especially with Spectrum/Horn Spectrum), as singer/performer/composer/arranger, his discography is no short. Maybe rather short in duration, but not in quantity.
You didn't change much after your one year hibernation... Read between lines.

This site doesn't care all of his works here... Only anime/comics/game at first. Then can add work album. If we consider sentai/movie, we'll roughly get a ratio of 60/40 which staff will consider overkill...

Now, with all of his works, anime/comics might count for what? 10% only, even less.. But again, nobody cares.
Same for many artists here; VGMdb discard most work albums for a reason: it's not this site purpose.

Feel free to edit his Wikipedia or his Discogs page though; I'd like to see a complete works myself
Old Nov 18, 2016, 06:36 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
You didn't change much after your one year hibernation... Read between lines.
I have a life outside this forum... I don't know why you say that. Past is the past.
You make a judgement of value.

Quote:
This site doesn't care all of his works here... Only anime/comics/game at first. Then can add work album. If we consider sentai/movie, we'll roughly get a ratio of 60/40 which staff will consider overkill... (...)
Same for many artists here; VGMdb discard most work albums for a reason: it's not this site purpose.
And so? I know well all that.
I think you misunderstood me.
I just talked about the complete discography of Nitta (because you mentioned it), with his solo albums and his works with Spectrum. I know perfectly it does not have anything to do here.

Quote:
Feel free to edit his Wikipedia or his Discogs page though; I'd like to see a complete works myself
The problem, I think, is that you don't trust me a lot.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Nov 18, 2016 at 06:50 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 01:17 PM

I have been reading, and thinking in all your arguments. I don't want to sound like douche or hard-rock-headed. But I still find issues with all this "acceptance" on Nitta.
The website has been "growing", and one of the things i actually like/use the website is to sort and combine a lot of infos of many places scattered in the web into one only place. HERE! You can say that I want to add stuff of my favorite composers.... of course I do! I want to get him out of the shadows in here and offer as much as I can. Trying with some other composers while I can. Because there is no other place like this sort as much plausible and truthful information about CD releases and infos. Hell, see what I did in PMD98 submission, adding a lot more info about it or the bubblegum crisis, crash used and unused tracks that I pointed.
I am not saying I have some power over submission and mine should accepted, I do however, and I am sorry if I beat the dead horse, but see no admin control on issues like this when they do it themselves. And no one says anything. He does it, then leave him be. This does bring a certain uproar on me.

My Nitta labums I submitted. were not just fro Nitta database here, and you coudl see how much other artists in here inveolved, like Hiroyuki Namba and Junichi Kanezaki, and HORN SPECTRUM. I figured that would be enough to be accepted.

But I still don't get, those arguments, that, I am sorry again if I sound like and asshole, do not make in sense with other comparisons and are poor arguments that look like a decisions of "I don't like this guy, so it will not be accepted".
Old Nov 20, 2016, 01:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
I am not saying I have some power over submission and mine should accepted, I do however, and I am sorry if I beat the dead horse, but see no admin control on issues like this when they do it themselves. And no one says anything. He does it, then leave him be. This does bring a certain uproar on me.

[...]

But I still don't get, those arguments, that, I am sorry again if I sound like and asshole, do not make in sense with other comparisons and are poor arguments that look like a decisions of "I don't like this guy, so it will not be accepted".
If you try to actually read my (and Daemonskald's) posts, you might finally understand that no one has anything against you (or Nitta) and why other albums are accepted while these are not.

I would also like to point out that all the albums you linked where there is "no admin control", in this and the other thread I linked, are all perfectly fine according to the guidelines.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 20, 2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 05:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think one thing that is forgotten here is that a bunch of the albums were recently submitted in an attempt to nudge VGMdb towards accepting Sentai albums, and we are not ready to make that change in scope. Some of them were accepted due to the allowance of artist works, but some were deactivated.

Note that this album and the others are not deleted, so as Nitta's discography grows or if our focus changes, they could be reinstated.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
..., and we are not ready to ...

there is a need for readiness? what to do to be ready?
psychologically ready?

I don't see what it needs for being ready to add new stuff, if you could be more precise on that point
Old Nov 21, 2016, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

I think SS has in his mind to include all Sentai in the future, but our db lacks still tons of anime album and maybe would be difficult merge "at the moment" these two worlds
Old Nov 21, 2016, 07:14 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I am going to be frank: the expansion for VGMdb to include anime was extremely disruptive to the site. We made the change before identifying any experts in the field and before shoring up staff to cover the influx of new submitters and without addressing technical concerns raised by people here (like the idea of having separate entry portals for VGM and Anime). I don't believe that the quality and the quantity of VGM coverage are where they were prior to opening to anime.

In the end, what we have has become a good resource, one that was sorely needed. My main complaint is that the anime music world seems at times to be an endless sea of pop vocal albums, and that is orthogonal to at least my interest coming from the VGM side. This leads to situations where some people want to expand discographies for vocalists or composers who mostly compose/arrange vocals, and that leads to some friction too.

So any expansion of our scope has to be done right. I don't think we will fully cover the Sentai genre any time soon, and if we do it has to be done right. It would also require either rebranding "The Music of Visual Arts and Games", or shoehorning Sentai (or even Kaiju) into "Visual Arts" somehow.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 08:31 AM

personally I'd prefer a different portal for doujin (I see that as pollution, my opinion about it has never changed)

my position about submissions is the same since the beginning: game, anime and drama with anime movies and "drama" movies as subproducts
I've always been against sentai additions and it should be removed from the site (independently from the composers disco etc)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:27 PM

Hiroyuki Solo Albums? Yes or no?
most of them are "image soundtracks" to his own scifi novels.
Just asking...