VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:09 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
"The Hunt" actually has vocals. Do you really need a link for that?
@VegaMan

I'm going to answer that with a "Yes". Even if it is as simple as a link to another VGMdb page (like https://vgmdb.net/album/89818 , which I used as my reference when I added your information to the notes of this album.)
Old Dec 14, 2020, 05:47 AM

My point being it's not debatable or "she said/he said" stuff. It has vocals, period. Why the bureaucracy (in this particular and other simple cases)? Almost making me not to bother on adding info. I get there are some questionable edits happening and I'm okay with notes on edit being a thing but demanding a mandatory link for everything is kinda unnecessary. No offence.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 06:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaMan View Post
My point being it's not debatable or "she said/he said" stuff. It has vocals, period. Why the bureaucracy (in this particular and other simple cases)? Almost making me not to bother on adding info. I get there are some questionable edits happening and I'm okay with notes on edit being a thing but demanding a mandatory link for everything is kinda unnecessary. No offence.
But how would the staff checking the edit know that it actually has vocals if you're not providing any official source for it?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
But how would the staff checking the edit know that it actually has vocals if you're not providing any official source for it?
Right now I'm providing a tracklist edit for an album with timestamps with no official source as far as I can see. Suggestions? Should I bother?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 07:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Right now I'm providing a tracklist edit for an album with timestamps with no official source as far as I can see. Suggestions? Should I bother?
Right now we don't have the comments feature for tracklists, but assuming we did: "from my copy of the CD" would suffice .

Quote:
My point being it's not debatable or "she said/he said" stuff. It has vocals, period.
Your edit wasn't about whether something has vocals or not. It was about adding a specific person as a vocalist. It is absolutely something that needs a source.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
Right now we don't have the comments feature for tracklists, but assuming we did: "from my copy of the CD" would suffice .
Yeah, obvious things ARE obvious, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
Your edit wasn't about whether something has vocals or not. It was about adding a specific person as a vocalist. It is absolutely something that needs a source.
She was credited for that track as a composer already. Considering she also performed the song herself (not involving other parties to mention as additional credits) my edit was exactly about the track having vocals from its author. And it was a minor correction that shouldn't even produce a discussion to begin with.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 08:41 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
She was credited for that track as a composer already. Considering she also performed the song herself (not involving other parties to mention as additional credits) my edit was exactly about the track having vocals from its author. And it was a minor correction that shouldn't even produce a discussion to begin with.
I think you're taking this the wrong way. You just need sources for your edits and changes from an official/trustworthy source. Even if it's a "likely" or believable role, you need something to back it up.
This is the exact same thing with composition/arrangement credits. In a lot (if not most) albums, you only see composition credits, but in truth it's extremely likely that they're also "arranged" by the artists as well as composed. But despite this, we don't add "arrangement" credits because this information remains unconfirmed. We base all informations on the DB from official sources/credits/statements/publishers/etc. In that case it's pretty easy to just contact and ask the artists yourself, as i'm sure they're quite easy to contact. Any other hypothesis can simply be discussed in threads, and we can reach for a conclusion, just like we are here. No need for the extra bitterness

Last edited by Robin; Dec 14, 2020 at 08:45 AM.