VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:22 AM

So... this soundtrack doesn't have too much love! Only 3 votes (though I'm holding off on mine, so there you go). Yuki Kajiura sure has done a lot of anime stuff, but her game soundtracks number few. This game is one of the first things she scored, back around 1999/2000. Maybe people are tired of her sound now, but this CD was a neat listen in my opinion, some pretty occult chanting/ambient stuff amongst some signature Kajiura piano, strings and bass.

I liked:
03 Touko - This is a moody song. This track is very much like the things you can find on .hack//SIGN along with an almost kt2-like feel to the beginning of it (before the bass comes in).
07 Ruria - The melody in this one is very nice, and halfway through I was actually very surprised! One of my favorite tracks on the CD.
10 To the Edge - Sure, a repetitive track, but it has an almost Buddhist feel to it. Achieving inner peace, becoming one with the universe...
11 My Dear Dad - The simplicity of the guitar just plucking away coupled with the ambient sounds make this track a subtle favorite of mine on the CD.
14 In the Church - I guess this is like the battle song? Haha. I love the background piano in this one, makes the whole thing fully awesome.
15 Love Me, Come Close to Me - Orgel ♥ There's nothing much else to say for this one, it's very simple, a "song of memories" of sorts.

I'm not too crazy for liking this CD, am I? Some of it enters the boring zone a little, but overall I enjoyed it, a pretty good buy for brand new at CDJapan! I'm quite surprised it's still in stock after all these years, but I guess with VGM, you just never know.