VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 12, 2015, 09:47 AM
VGMdb Staff

There's a full list of musicians/engineers in the ending credits for the movie. I'd been meaning to add this but the Russian credits were confusing me. I'll try and screenshot the credits so you can see what I mean (I'll add the pics later).

Arranger credits can be found here: http://www.yodobashi.com/%E3%82%B8%E...0009002109672/
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Okay, here's the massive list of credits.
Spoiler:
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

Concerning the Russian credits, I see no particular problem except the need to switch things a bit to be in name/patronym/surname order, e.g. Boris Ivanovich Fomin. Missing lyricist for Dorogoi Dlinnoyu should be Konstantin Nikolaevich Podrevskii according to the wiki but it also mentions there's another version of the lyrics by Pavel German.

I think I hear this part right at the beginning here
Spoiler:
Дорогой длинною, погодой лунною,
Да с песней той, что в даль летит, звеня,
Да со старинною, да семиструнною,
Что по ночам так мучает меня.

so that's Podrevskii
Old Apr 12, 2015, 04:37 PM

Information under Notes were obtained from scan of the booklet/inner cover. Yes, K.N. ポドリエーフスキー in lyricist list corresponds to Konstantin Nikolaevich Podrevskii. I couldn't find the correct romanisation, so I just left the katakana name as it is. I'll try to complete the notes section using the screenshot you provided later when I'm free. Thanks a lot to both of you!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 09:31 PM
VGMdb Staff

If you have booklet scans, you're welcome to upload them.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 05:59 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah as you noticed, Подревский can be also romanized as Podrevsky (ий ending to just y is common) but Podrevskiy/Podrevskij/Podrevskii, all of them are correct too (depending on the standard used). In any case, would be cool if you can up the scans for reference (especially seeing how Исаковский is romanized as Isakovskij on the screenshot and not Isakovsky).

The point is, if there are some given romanizations in the booklet itself, it's preferrable to use those. If not, screen above is also good.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:49 AM

The scan has the Russian names in Katakana. Anyway, I changed Podrevsky to Podrevskij to stay consistent with the other composers/lyricists' names in the ending credit. I used Podrevsky because that was the spelling in Wikipedia (English version).

Edit: Uuh... finally it's done. Such a long list with so many people involved. My eyes are blurry now.

Last edited by HoneyClover; Apr 13, 2015 at 07:29 AM.