VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 29, 2008, 04:45 PM

This soundtrack is good, but much better if you have actually played it. I find it hard to believe that there could have been a better soundtrack for the game. The tracks accompanying the many areas fit to a tee. They draw you in like no other. Without playing the game, I don't know how much appeal it would have in comparison.

Anyway, it is too bad they are missing quite a few pieces that are in the game yet not on this soundtrack. Many of the tracks are also shorter than they could be. UNATCO should be 5 minutes long, and UNATCO Return is missing, which are arguably the best tracks here.

Highlights:

The Main Theme, UNATCO, Enemy Within, The Synapse, Battery Park, Versalife, Paris Action, Begin the End, Ending 1.

And Alexander Brandon does not do enough game composing.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Nov 29, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I got my copy of this album signed by Alex at Video Games Live some years ago, so it's a pretty big collector's item for me now.

It's disappointing that we only get 30 of the game's 100+ songs (I typically listen to a game rip of Deus Ex for this reason), but they picked many of the best tracks, including DuClare Chateau (by Michiel Van Den Bos). Overall it's a great album.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 06:39 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZ View Post
UNATCO Return is missing
Isn't that the same music as "Enemy Within"?

Well, this album is missing many of the cool battle ("Action") themes. It's also completely lacking the conversation, club, departure, and death themes; many of which are great, albeit somewhat short.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Apr 15, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:03 AM

afaik Reeves Gabrels composed track 30. He composed the club music in the game.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethe View Post
afaik Reeves Gabrels composed track 30. He composed the club music in the game.
Nope, Reeves wrote only Paris Club (1 and 2), Hong Kong Club (1 and 2) and NYC Bar.

This DX Club Mix is by Alex Brandon.

Last edited by Valet2; Feb 25, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:11 AM

Maybe someone can clear up some confusion I have with this soundtrack. The game data shows the songs much longer than the ones on here (like the first poster said). Many of the songs go from slow to fast half way through. Since the songs on here end halfway unlike the ones in the game data, which would be correct? Are the songs actually two songs in one (the first parts being on this soundtrack, the second parts being absent), or are they just one song with a slow and fast part together? (soundtrack picking the first parts of the selected songs to save space?).