VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:01 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I really don't know if this kind of music (this "EP" is a good example) can fit into vgmdb.

I found that album on a old CD of mine.. and i can't find much informations anymore about it.
If i remember well, the music was released on "mp3.com" but it's not available anymore.

My questions are: could this kind of music fit here?
It's "remixed music from a flash movie", flash movie created around that infamous Zero Wing translation.
I think that movie is a big element of the "All Your Base" phenomenon.

Then, if it fit, should we attach the game it's related ?

What about music "Inspired" by a game (but not the music itself).. that does contain only "original work" ?
I am thinking about the band "The Protomen" and about their music that count a "Megaman's story"...
Certainly a bit special.

Last edited by Myrkul; Feb 12, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:25 AM

The All Your Base song is in fact based on the opening theme to Zero Wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVy7Ve6y6A

If you pay attention to the music in the flash, it starts out with the original song, then goes into the ALL YOUR BASE YOUR BASE thing, then goes back to the original song and adds more music on top of it.

It counts as a remix, I guess?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Yeah, it's not merely music inspired from a game. It remixes/arranges the actual in-game music, in this case the opening theme. There's no controversy here.

The Protomen albums are a potentially different story since their tracks are original pieces inspired by games AFAIK. I've never heard Pac Man Fever, but I suppose those are in the same boat. Do either at least use in-game SFX or something? Fever may be allowed given its more historical nature, but it may be merely video game inspired music rather than remixed video game music.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:31 PM

Again: "HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMAN? ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!