VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:42 PM

Nice, anyone have any idea what the new music (exclusive to the 360 and PS3 version) is composed for (e.g. new character themes, etc...)?

Have been listening to BlazBlue's soundtrack nearly every day since release (late 2008) and still not bored of it.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:15 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Yeah, this is a really good soundtrack. Some of the music kind of reminds me of music found in Guilty Gear (later installments).
Old May 15, 2009, 05:03 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

This is all the info I have:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....campaign=ANIME
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:00 AM

The soundtrack will be the same as the commercial release with an additional 19 tracks. I'm not sure what exactly each new track is for, but they could very well be new VS themes or some "redone" character themes. We'll see when it comes out.

AFAIK, the game is set to be released this month (30th, I believe).

Content for both PS3 and Xbox 360 home versions:

|

EDIT: Correct, it's set for release on the 30th. Pre-orders are available at Amazon.com for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

PS: Totally off-topic, but I just realized it's been a year now since I joined here. I rejoice!

Last edited by PsychoZeke; Jun 10, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:29 AM

Pardon the double posting, but here's the website for this release.

According to the description given, this will contain 17 new BGMs and 2 instrumental songs. It will include vocal interpretations of Noel and Bang's theme by Kondou Kanako and Hironobu Kageyama respectively. "You hit the nail on the Hammer", by Kageyama, being Bang's theme, and "Love So Blue" by Kanako, being Noel's theme.

All this info based on the following:

Quote:
次世代ハイスピード2D格闘ゲーム「ブレイブルー」。
その「ブレイブルー」がPS3とXbox360への移植に際し、新たに追加された楽曲を集めたサウンドトラ ック!

新規BGM17曲に加えノエル役:近藤佳奈子が作詞・歌唱した、ノエル・ヴァーミリオンのテーマ曲、「Lo ve so Blue ~蒼の鼓動~」、さらに影山ヒロノブが歌う、人気キャラクター、シシガミ・バングのテーマ曲「おまえの鉄槌 に釘を打て」も収録!!

【収録予定内容】
・「おまえの鉄槌に釘を打て」:影山ヒロノブ
・「Love So Blue」:近藤佳奈子
・新規追加BGM約17曲
・インスト2曲
Maybe someone could translate and explain better.

Last edited by PsychoZeke; Oct 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Small mistake made by me that I felt needed to be clarified...2+ years later. <.<"
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:57 AM

VGMdb's release date was a month early so I fixed.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:53 AM

Samples of the two vocal themes can be found here:

http://www.team-e.co.jp/sp/blazblue/kdsd00285.html
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:04 AM

I thought I should get a second opinion before making any changes...

Quote:
お前の鉄槌に釘を打て
Omae no Tettsui ni Kugi wo Ute
Most people would hit a nail using a hammer, but the に particle here suggests that we're doing something to the hammer. In other words, I think this is supposed to be a joke trackname so the correct translation would be something like Hit/Strike/Beat Your Hammer With (The/A) Nail (Literal: Hit Nail To/Towards/At/On Your Hammer).

To further my theory, in the game and in the game art, Bang Shishigami carries and fights using a comically large single nail as a weapon.

Also is it me or is the z in BlazBlue meant to be silent?

Last edited by layzee; Jul 7, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think you're right about that, and it would be a good play on words.

By the way, this is the top-viewed album in the current 30-day sliding window. Whenever I see the title, my first reaction is always that it's some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog game, until I remember that it's not.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post

Also is it me or is the z in BlazBlue meant to be silent?
I believe it's pronounced Blaze Blue. Why they went with that spelling is beyond me though.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I believe it's pronounced Blaze Blue. Why they went with that spelling is beyond me though.
I would've thought Blaze would be something like ブレーズ hence why I thought the z may be silent: Because they intentionally or unintentionally completely ignored the z syllables from the original Japanese names (ブレイブルー and ぶれいぶる).

Anyone can call it whatever they want though of course. I just thought it was interesting.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
ブレイブルー
By ブレイブ, they wanted to mean 'Brave' as well so 'z' is silent. According to Wikipedia, though.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:59 PM

Would anyone happen to have the booklet scans for this? I've been looking all over for Bang's theme song lyrics, but can't find them.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
By ブレイブ, they wanted to mean 'Brave' as well so 'z' is silent. According to Wikipedia, though.
Ah, there seems to be more than meets the eye (and lack of "e" in blaze) in regards to the title (according to Wikipedia JP). It is not within my capabilities to figure out the significance though, just that the title is some kind of hybrid between the words brave, blaze, and blue to create another kind of blue:

Quote:
タイトルの『BLAZBLUE』とは、「ブレイブ(勇ましい)」「ブレイズ(炎)」「ブルー(青)」を掛け 合わせた造語で、激しく燃え盛る“蒼”という意味。
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslime View Post
Would anyone happen to have the booklet scans for this? I've been looking all over for Bang's theme song lyrics, but can't find them.
Full lyrics here.

If you're looking for romanised ones, a few should show up on a Google search but these are incomplete. Or to be more precise, the romanised lyrics are based on the song that is apparently in the game while the song in the soundtrack is the extended version.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:27 AM

Are all the new pieces composed by Ishiwatari or Kusano?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:59 PM

Seems like Daisuke Ishiwatari composed them all and Kusano arranged them all. Similar to the OST.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:30 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Is there a source for the new arrangers?

Atsushi Hasegawa, Eiji Kawai, Miyuki Hibino, Takao Suzuki
Old Dec 12, 2009, 05:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Got track credits for tracks 1 and 2 from Anison Generation, but still no confirmation on those arrangers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

How does everyone feel about the recent replacement of "Bang The Nail With Your Hammer!" with "Omae no Tettsui ni Kugi wo Ute!" as the title for the OP?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:16 PM

Unnecessary.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Same.

I suppose Vulcan is well intended but he has editted that track like five times before, madness.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 03:32 PM

So Norichika Sato arranged tracks 1 and 2, but not their instrumental versions? Or is this just an oversight? That seems a little odd.

EDIT: Now I see something that makes me think otherwise, and maybe Sato did only do those tracks. I was going off of it being a new track, based on the list in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
For people trying to figure out which songs are on which versions of the soundtrack (the earlier claim in the post about it having "six new songs," five of those six are from consumer edition OST), check out this document I put together:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/...reference.html
but this list seems not to mention that "Love So Blue" is really just Bullet Dance with some vocals to it, which would actually just make the instrumental version Bullet Dance. At least, I don't hear any significant differences between the tracks in the first minute. Bang's two themes do seem to be different, but maybe Sato arranged these songs for the vocals only? Well, I don't know.

EDIT AGAIN: Bah, there's some vocals at the end of the "instrumental version". That's kind of lame. Well, that's the difference anyway. I'd still like to know if Sato arranged these or not though.

Last edited by Medina; Jul 19, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:35 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think it's fairly common in singles to credit only the main tracks, while derived songs (karaokes, arranges) are implied to be by the same people (and much info here is just transcribed). I bet this is the same case and it's safe to credit him for 20/21.

I guess the Love So Blue arrangement could be volume changes or subtle stuff to prepare for the voice, who knows. Maybe the liner notes have more info.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:43 AM
Trusted Editor

Apparently Ishiwatari did arrange stuff alongside Kusano (and Norichika Sato if she did do anything outside of the vocal stuff). Got no scans at hand, but Jousto provided this blurb of text:
Sound director & all composition: Daisuke Ishiwatari, sound producer: Takao Suzuki, arrangement programming: Daisuke Ishiwatari & Yoshihiro Kusano & Norichika Sato, guitar: Yoshihiro Kusano, recording & mix engineer: Tsuyuri Yoichi, mastering engineer: Masami Kanda, mastering studio: Memory-tech

Sadly, credits didn't seem to have any arranger breakdown.