VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 1, 2013, 01:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Calling Konami Online the distributor for the SH4 OST is incomplete, because the obi says that it was distributed through the konamistyle.com arm of Konami Online, not Konami Online by itself (株式会社コナミオンライン コナミスタイルドットコム). You can see another example of that format on V-RARE SOUNDTRACK 10, which was released after the site moved from .com to .jp, so it just says 株式会社コナミオンライン コナミスタイル without the .com part.

Coincidentally, I made an entry for konamistyle.com a few days ago.

An imprint might be the best way to represent the Konami Online ↔ Konami Style relationship, but we can only do those for publishers, not distributors.

Last edited by CHz; Jun 1, 2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 03:02 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh, I see! I actually just didn't notice that part of the distributor notation at all. Good thing you noticed. If anything I think I'll rather just remove this org. and make konamistyle.com the distributor instead.

I noticed that! Quite a coinkidink indeed.