VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:15 PM

Default any one going to VGL in Pittsburgh?

Hey guys I work for the Pittsburgh Symphony but I am an avid gamer myself (CoD:MW2, Halo[all but odst], TF2, CS) and I don’t know if any of you are in the area but we have Video Games Live coming up. It was one of my favorite concerts from last year.There are some sweet things going on like Light Shows, Live Skype Interviews with composers, costume contest, and synced up videos with the music. If you went last year you know the extravaganza it turns out to be, and if you didn't you sure should want to. The music selected this year is almost all new from the stuff they played last year so it’ll still be entertaining if you got the opportunity to see it last year and wanted to go again. The ticket price has also dropped from last year too so it will not break your bank, you should still be able to afford Halo Reach. Also there is going to be an interactive Guitar Hero segment which should be totally wild. I don’t think our marketing department has really hit this concert up yet so there are definitely some great seats still available.

You can check this link for a little more detail on the event.

http://www.pittsburghsymphony.org/pg...0?opendocument
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:35 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pso_alex View Post
There are some sweet things going on like Light Shows, Live Skype Interviews with composers, costume contest, and synced up videos with the music.
That's the main reason why I'm never going to attend such a "concert" - it's not about the music, it's about about the show - and I totally dislike that.

Even the lighteffects at Symphonic Fantasies were a borderline case for me.
Maybe I'm old-fashioned but for me a concert should be all about the music, everything else is a distraction. Slight deviations allowed, but nothing like this stuff you listed above.

And to guard myself against the flames: Everything is IMHO