VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:39 PM
Trusted Editor

If you've noticed, past a certain point, on all his soundtrack projects, only the Akira Uchida Strings group is credited, in quite a lot of variations.
And on their list of projects here, it seems as though they only work with him from around the same period of time and no one else.

Could that be an indicator as to why his own string section sounds are always so mysterious in comparison to the usual standard of just about everyone else? Almost as if they're "corrupted" or "bewitched", if I had to give a description as to how just how different it is, even live.

Even the one time he used the Warsaw Philharmonic for a soundtrack, he still eschewed their own strings section in favour of this same group. And while he brings ensemble leader Masatsugu Shinozaki on board for any of his projects at times, he never uses his whole group.

Anyways, if you don't see (hear) what it is I'm saying, you can simply grab any track of his containing strings, and then one from literally any other composer that also has strings, and do a quick ABX. The difference is there, I can't be the only one who notices it.

Last edited by TheFantomConvoy; Mar 14, 2022 at 01:28 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 02:07 PM

I just had an idea, and its just and idea i am sharing. Because i came here now to check on his game works.

Is it complicated or confusing, since we have tabs for "discography" and "products", to add like tabs for "Anime soundtracks" , "Game Soundtracks" , and so on?

if there was that option, i would click on the game tab and see only the game works.
Its just and idea that occurred me on some way for the artists pages organization.
Thought no harm no foul on sharing it-.