VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 30, 2021, 08:14 PM
Trusted Editor

For the moment I put the tracklist indicated on this link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...de/description

But if other additional objectives of this crowfunding are achieved, there will be other additional tracks and maybe a 2nd CD! (I hope so!)
So for now I am not putting the vinyl and digital version of this album as child albums, because the tracklist may not be the same and shorter!

I remind you that on time of writing this post, there are only 10 days left to get physically this album, there will be no retail sales after its release!

All explanations are provided in the link above, see also my post "Crowfunding for physical album "WORLD OF SEIJI YOKOYAMA: SERENADE"" in miscellaneous discussion.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 06:14 PM
Trusted Editor

@SaintSquall The digital version was released to backers with bonus tracks. The file tags and booklet has the Romaji version so I added that but I don't have the Japanese/English translated tracklists.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 02:49 PM
Trusted Editor

Thanks for adding the credits in the notes and scans, Toad King.
I haven't received my digital version yet.
I'm waiting to see the physical version in digipack but apparently the tracklist is written in capital letters, so it should be changed on the album page. I will fix the other tracklists at this moment.

For those who don't receive news from the producer of the album (those who didn't support the project therefore), the CD and vinyl versions should be released in April.
The release was delayed compared to what was planned, because in particular it was necessary to record new music for the bonus tracks (the producer was not satisfied with the recording of the suite for piano and violin in December, so other music from Saint Seiya was recorded later) and the scarcity of raw materials for the manufacture of vinyl records too.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 02:57 PM
Trusted Editor

The font used on the tracklist are in a small caps font, where they're all capitalized but lowercase ones are smaller than uppercase ones. I'm not sure if they should all be capitalized because of that. Same with the booklet front.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 04:17 PM
Trusted Editor

For me they are all capitals, and I admit that the difference between small and large capitals is not obvious here, it's more a question of aesthetics. I don't know if VGMdb has a rule for this and if there are any example albums for this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 05:19 PM
Trusted Editor

The PDF of the booklet is available here: https://coverartarchive.org/release/...2133394905.pdf

If you copy/paste the text you can see the proper case. (Although the lines seem to be doubled for some reason, probably for weird PDF reasons.)
Old Apr 2, 2022, 07:04 PM
Trusted Editor

OK now I see better what you meant.
So I don't know anymore, it's the first time that I've encountered these circumstances. Should we first take into account the PDF file or rather the visual obtained in the booklet? Because the physical album that will be released is not supposed to have a booklet in PDF format.
What do the staff think?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 03:49 PM
Trusted Editor

I received the CD digipack today in neat packaging, with 2 picture cards. I have already listened to certain tracks several times even though I already knew the whole album, the sound is very good without any particular problem.
Regarding the tracklist, it is still written in capital letters on the back of the digipack, so I think it is better to write it like this on the album page without relying on the booklet in PDF format, if nobody sees inconvenience there.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 04:48 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
Regarding the tracklist, it is still written in capital letters on the back of the digipack, so I think it is better to write it like this on the album page without relying on the booklet in PDF format, if nobody sees inconvenience there.
Pardon me sir, I’m not quite familiar with any of this, but if this is the only point of concern besides which it is the same tracklist, then you can simply copy-paste the text to Notepad++ and then use it to capitalize everything just like that.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 06:06 PM
Trusted Editor

Thank you, but I know how to change the words in capital letters, I just wanted to possibly have the opinion of other members before editing the Romaji and English tracklists.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 06:48 PM
Trusted Editor

Seeing the booklet, romaji tracklist is fine as it is. It's just small caps, so it's Orphee no Theme instead of ORPHEE NO THEME etc. Though I think the english tracklist probably should be default?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 08:39 PM
Trusted Editor

Really? :-o You also think that small caps should be written normally here?
Yes, I purposely put the Romaji tracklist as default while waiting for the English tracklist to be edited (incorrect for the moment).