VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 4, 2019, 05:38 PM

The composer listing in the booklet kind of surprised me with Hacha Mecha Fighter. It sounds like not all one composer, but everything is listed as Papasan. I've confirmation with the game's programmer that it was composed by H.Mizushima, so that means we've finally unmasked the mysterious Mustard Papa The liner notes from Hide-Kaz seem to imply that he helped with the sound engineering (he mentions something about Thunder Dragon's slap bass samples, but I can't figure it out with google translate), so that probably explains the common attribution of him to working on that soundtrack.

The composer list for Rapid Hero was also not what I expected, but quite grateful that we know who was behind what for it now.

Last edited by trap15; Feb 4, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:00 AM

Any idea who did track 29, 41 & 42?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 02:29 AM

The booklet doesn't seem to say, but I believe the missing track credits would be like so:

Missing Hacha Mecha Fighter: public domain composition for at least take-off, probably arranged and converted by hide-kaz
Missing Rapid Hero: very likely hide-kaz. voices I couldn't say, but the game was higher budget than normal so it may be a real voice actor. Thunder Dragon 2's voices were done by an employee's brother (who absolutely was not working as a voice actor), but I don't think that would be him.

Hide-Kaz was *the* sound engineer at NMK during this time, so I think everything at least went through his hands at some level. I would assume he'd have been the one to design the effects on the voice and such. That's also part of why I would assume he'd do these little jingles as well. But I could be unfounded I suppose.