VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Copied from staff notes: "Does anyone know if this is really a game soundtrack?" Figured I'd nudge the issue.
Old May 12, 2009, 02:09 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I'd say it's hard to answer... Yes & No..

It's primarily Dance Music, period.

But lots of songs have been licensed by Konami and were used in the bemani games.
There's something like 200 albums and sorting what have been used in games is nearly impossible.

It can be confused with Dance ManiaX games that were the first ones to use Dancemania songs.

Last edited by Myrkul; May 12, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old May 12, 2009, 04:52 PM

I'd argue that this is not a game music album. Looking over the tracklist over at emimusic.jp, the only songs that made it into any Bemani games that I know of are I'm Alive (DDR Solo Bass Mix), Dub-I-Dub (DDR 2nd Mix) and Captain Jack (DDR 3rd Mix). And technically, the version of Captain Jack that showed up in DDR 3rd Mix wasn't from this album; it was the Grandale Remix, from Dancemania Speed 2. And as far as I know, this album was released before the DDR series had started.

As Myrkul said, the main intent of the album is to be dance music, and some of the songs ended up being licensed. If most of the songs ended up being in a DDR game (like this album: http://www.emimusic.jp/dancemania/da.../tocp64150.htm), I might think differently.
Old May 12, 2009, 07:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I agree that this album isn't eligible. If any of these songs end up in a game, it's functionally the same as if some licensed song ends up in a game.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 02:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Is this out-of-scope with our current "standards"? I vote for removing it personally. There's barely any info anyway.