VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > VGM Decibel
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Episode #010: Merry Christmas 2009

Audi and Patrick are here with the last episode of 2009! We discuss the Michael Jackson news regarding his involvement in Sonic 3, the Christmas memories and the differences between how it is celebrated and we hear from the co director of Contra 4 Rocked n Loaded: Tony Dickinson!

* Latest news
* Symphonic Legends
* MJ and Sonic 3
* Contra 4 Arrange Album Interview

youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlL177iLIE

Last edited by seanne; Aug 9, 2021 at 05:24 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 02:22 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh hey, I'm on a podcast! Sweet!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:42 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I've only just started listening to this episode, but I'm glad you worked out your mic problems, and consequently it's a much more pleasant listening experience. Onward!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 02:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

It was a pretty good show, but aside from the Contra 4 stuff, I didn't really get to hear any new music, so that was the only negative. It's always interesting to hear video game news and stories though.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 05:50 AM

Nice to have this segment back in VGMDecibel, and great job done by Pat. I really like that Secret of Mana song you chose Pat, and I'm a big fan of NiGHTS and Dreams Dreams as well. I tend to listen to a lot of Sasaki, Hataya, and Radio DC stuff around Christmas actually. Christmas NiGHTS was in fact released in the U.S. as a small promotional disc. I forget where exactly I got mine... It might have been included in a Sega-related magazine or something. But for a long time it was tradition for me to play Christmas NiGHTS and NiGHTS around Christmas time. The Music Box feature you could unlock in Christmas NiGHTS was just too cool. I think Pat makes a good point about the MJ deal in Sonic 3. Seems likely that they would try to cover it up if Michael wasn't satisfied with the quality of the sound. Well done guys.

- Justin Pfeiffer
Old Jan 19, 2010, 03:09 PM
Trusted Editor

*raising reply count*

Just wanted to add that I also really enjoyed this episode. Like Kaleb.G already stated there wasn't that much new music, but I don't consider this a bad thing (this way I remembered how good the CREID album is *g*).
Thumbs up for the interesting stories!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the praise everyone. I'm personally looking forward to whatever Carl is cooking up next, and we'll see if Akumu invites me back for more lovin' in 2010!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh, I suppose I should start gathering ingredients for the next episode, eh?
At least I've got a general theme picked out already. (and no, it won't be C77, due to lack of good vgm in that arena IMO)