VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:13 PM
Trusted Editor

Anybody have a clue who this could be? Seems to have worked with Tokuhiko Uwabo often, and I asked Takayuki Nakamura but he doesn't seem to know.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:13 PM
Trusted Editor

Found out who she is. It's Chikako Kamatani apparently. Uwabo told a friend who told me she may be "Ms. Kamatani". Then I did a little research and found a Chikako Kamatani who did sound design for Pinobee: Wings of Adventure.

Then right here on VGMdb, I see a Chikako Kamatani credited along with NAV, who Tarnya worked with on Phantasy Star II. I'm trying to confirm it, but it sure does look like that's her full name. Another SEGA mystery solved, hopefully.

EDIT: Takayuki Nakamura confirmed it.

Last edited by dissident93; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Huuuuuuh, that's an interesting tidbit.

I don't believe "Chikako Kamatani" is confirmed as the reading of the 鎌谷千佳子 who composed some songs for Love & Berry, although it's certainly plausible ("Kamaya" instead of "Kamatani" is probably the most likely alternative). Especially given the possibility of other works now. Her credit on that album has kind of puzzled me for a while, so it would be nice for her to be a past or present SEGA employee.

I'm a little hesitant to say she's the same person as the sound designer of Pinobee GBA, simply because it's a totally different developer and publisher than SEGA and so it seems like a pretty big outlier to me, but who knows! The name in both English and Japanese seems to be very uncommon.

I can give you one more Chikako Kamatani credit: "Sound - Assist" in the Genesis Doraemon game (also assisted by Junko Shibuya, main sound by Koichi Shimamura). It doesn't appear to have been developed by SEGA, so I'm not sure who she was working for at that time.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Well Nakamura did say it was her, but you could right about the Mobygames credits for the same name (although I do think it's the same person.) Her last game she did for Sega was Super League '91, so it seems she moved on to a different company/freelance after then.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh ho. I didn't see your edit about Nakamkura before posting!