VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:10 PM

Default Does anyone tried CDJapan's Special Request Shopping Service?

I often trust CDJapan when it comes to music CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray straight from Japan. What happens if there is an item not sold at CDJapan but sold in other stores, like for instance the Otomedius Original Soundtrack and the Busou Shinki Character Song and Special Radio Rondo Vol.2 that were sold exclusively at Konamistyle?

There is a new feature that CDJapan allows you to request an item you want to buy. This is called the Special Request Shopping Service. Now's your chance to buy some Konamistyle exclusive items even when you're not shopping on it! CDJapan lets them do the trick for you.

Further details:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/request/shopping.html
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
Trusted Editor

If you're not sure if they can get it for you, then use the form to send them the information and they will either order it for you and send you the invoice, or they will tell you it's not available. I think Konamistyle requests are fine. I tried to order a Club Nintendo soundtrack from them but they replied saying they couldn't because it required Nintendo points to redeem for it.

If you're committed to getting the soundtrack, then just fill out the form and the worst case scenario is they say no.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:13 PM

I used it to purchase Memories of the World Tree (http://vgmdb.net/album/20464). I actually used it the day after they made it available, and it was prompt and easy. However, you wind up paying a middle man fee, the shipping to them, and then the shipping to you, so it is rather expensive. It's reasonable so far as middle man services go, and I like having a middle man that I know I can trust, but the exchange rate between the dollar and yen is pretty bad at the moment (76.9 yen per dollar), so you might want to wait a while.

They do offer reward points based on amount spent, however, so perhaps buying now wouldn't be terrible in the long run.