VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:33 AM

The in-game credits lists music arrangement to Yoshitaka Suzuki. The credits also mention Additional music composed by John Graham though I'm not certain if Graham's music features in this release

Last edited by Argentis; Dec 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 04:51 AM
Trusted Editor

iTunes credits all music to Iwasaki, although iTunes has been wrong in the past, yes?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 06:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yup, iTunes isn't necessarily always correct (especially when it comes to "additional" credit because most of the time only main artists are credited even for tracks that aren't theirs, partially or fully). Not iTunes fault, they just receive the info like any retailer.

Throwing a vgmdb irrelevant example - track "528491" is Balfe's as seen on his site yet iTunes credits all to Zimmer. And when looking at some other movie titles on Balfe's page, there are similar examples but no need to go on with 'em.

Don't know what's the deal with this album though, just saying the error is possible.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 02:17 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Iwasaki wrote this on his Facebook page:
Quote:
Today, on December 4th, the BLOODMASQUE Original Soundtrack has been released in iTunes.

The stage of BLOODMASQUE sets itself in 19th century Europe, reigned by vampires. To illustrate such world, in addition to the usual orchestral music, I incorporated religious elements and an essence of the Romani music to the soundtrack. Although it is basically Hollywood-style, I believe those have made the sound very characteristic and immersive.

Mr. John Graham from L.A. and Mr. Yoshitaka Suzuki from Japan are participating as arrangers.
Mmh, I'm a bit puzzled by the English translation of the tracklist (I know it's official). Some track titles are completely off when you compare with the Japanese titles... "クイーン・マリレナ" (Queen Marilena) translated as "What Price Salvation?"? "ヴェルサイユ潜入" (infiltrating Versailles) as "Where There's a Wall..."?? "ヴァンパイアタワー" (vampire tower) as "We Are The Hunters"???

Last edited by Zanasea; Dec 11, 2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:36 PM

I'd be interested in a literal translation of the tracklist if you'd be up for it.

I'm one of probably about five people who bought this -- my love for Iwasaki cannot be overcome by the involvement of Yoshitaka Suzuki! The arrangement is surprisingly neither too obnoxious or atmospheric as Suzuki tends to do, although there are tracks that are very definitely his work. I wonder if Iwasaki arranged any tracks himself alone. There are some surprisingly Sakimoto-esque bits too (like "Metamorphosis"), though more bottom-heavy and obviously without his distinctive synth. It's not an amazing soundtrack, but it's decent enough that I don't have any buyer's remorse.