VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:55 PM

Default N/A: Metroid Metal (2007)

I figured I should go and add this one as a separate entry, since it is different from the previous release.
People might want to recheck and update their collections accordingly.

On a cd-related note: some of the new tracks are incredibly awesome. PRELUDE / THEME from Super Metroid is just perfect.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:02 PM

I was just looking at this entry! Grant Henry (Stemage) is a very generous guy, and he recently performed at MAGFest. Prelude/Theme is also one of my favorites, and overall I think the Super Metroid remixes have been stronger (though no less powerful) than the originals. I should really upload the concert tracks to the Metroid Database to help save him bandwidth...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:11 PM

Well, obviously he's gotten more skilled with time, I also do think his latest arrangements feel more solid (tho the earlier ones are still pretty good).
Oh, I knew about the concert recently, but I was unaware he had the tracks up on his site : o I'm definitely checking this out now

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Are the scans currently uploaded really the correct scans for this album? The tracklist doesn't even list anything after track 12.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:36 AM

I think they are, yep. It's what my copy came with. I completed the tracklist by comparing the tracks on the disc to the one Stemage has up on his site.
Maybe he at one point decided to make a new version but didn't want to go through the hassle of making new cover art, but that's pure speculation on my part.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old May 15, 2009, 02:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I updated the display title to give some distinction between this and the other Metroid Metal album, given that they're so similar in appearance and neither have a catalog number. This is especially useful when seeing this album in a collection.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; May 15, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Oh, and I have a question: How is the total track time 82:35? Is this using a High Capacity Recordable CD?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

What did Ryouji Yoshitomi compose here (according to a pending edit)?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Metroid II for the GB, so that'd be track 22. Make sure it's spelled "Ryoji" so it'll link correctly.

Kenji Yamamoto and/or Minako Hamano should also be linked up for the Super Metroid tracks, but I'd have to look up who composed what.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Kenji Yamamoto and/or Minako Hamano should also be linked up for the Super Metroid tracks, but I'd have to look up who composed what.
I don't remember off the top of my head who composed what, but I'm 100% positive some of each person's work is present here.

EDIT: Individual credits are at the bottom. Both of them are well represented in this album.

EDIT 2: There was another person who worked on Metroid Prime. That person may need to be credited here as well...

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Oct 10, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 07:45 AM

I seem to have a release from 2006 that's somewhere between the original 12-track disc and this one. Mine has 18 tracks - the original 12, and then Brinstar, Maridia, the Boss Medley, Phendrana Drifts, Prime Title, and Lower Norfair. Got it straight from Stemage for donating back then.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 01:44 AM

I also have an 18-track CD. I recall asking Grant long ago about the extra tracks and if I remember correctly, he stated they were MP3s tacked on to the end, so basically unmastered (for CD) bonus tracks—the same files available from the Metroid Metal website.