VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:05 PM

Apparently some of the vocal track titles and lyrics were translated differently on the Nozomi release from 2011 which I've read is the more faithful of the two in terms of translations. These are the ones featured on this albulm...

Conic Absolute Egg Alshibra > Conic Absolute Egg Archibras
Transparent Period of Maturity Age > Transparent Period of Adolescence
A Round Dance - revolution (TV size) > Rondo - revolution (TV size)
The Revelation of Absolute Destiny > The Absolute Destiny Apocalypse

Note: The word "archibras" comes from the French Philosopher, Charles Fourier who predicted that as humans evolved they would developed a a powerful tail tipped with a hand-like claw called a archibras.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Aug 6, 2020 at 12:17 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 02:59 PM

I changed the descriptions of the booklet pages to match the site's standard notation.

Due to the glossiness of the booklet, I could not get a scan of the last page to where the text on the left edge was completely visible.

Since all but one of the other Utena albums use the French (I think it's French) title for the anime as the display title, I've changed it to that.

Last edited by Blaqthourne; Feb 23, 2023 at 03:25 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 03:33 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqthourne View Post
Due to the glossiness of the booklet, I could not get a scan of the last page to where the text on the left edge was completely visible.
In order to fix (or more precisely, avoid) this, you can do what it is I do for basically every scan I do now and scan the pages vertically rather than horizontally (aka 90 degrees from the direction you scanned in). It's guaranteed to eliminate nasty side reflections like that, no matter what surface you're dealing with (and yes, even for infamous releases like this one).

But I would like to note that it's certainly a tall order to do stuff like this & still present complete spread scans, unless you've got access to an A3 scanner where you can scan the booklet vertically without needing to stitch.

Last edited by TheFantomConvoy; Feb 23, 2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 09:32 AM

That worked. Thanks. I've uploaded a new, better scan.