VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 13, 2013, 12:29 PM

I just discovered some staff credits on the back of the insert, you can see it more clearly on the cassette release

Last edited by Nijipoop; May 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 02:08 AM

This is a comment written on a King Record note sheet, included with a not for sale copy of the vinyl. I wonder if someone could translate it? I'm curious what it says.

https://postimg.cc/bsgbHHPs

Old Dec 1, 2022, 04:09 AM

Looks like a draft of an advertisement for the album. Nothing too exciting, just standard marketing phrases talking up the arrangements.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 08:08 AM

KING has a Famicom Record Ketteiban in store for you!! [note: Ketteiban is a label meaning something along the lines of "Selected Records". It sounds to me like "we specifically decided on this one because we thought you should give it a listen."]

Enter the 2nd installment in the series following "Mario Syndrome".

12-inch single vinyl (45 RPM) in stores August 21 at ¥1,300.

Side A: Zelda no Densetsu
Side B: Nazo no Murasame-jô

Vinyl: No. K13A-757
Cassette: No. K13H-875

An experience for your listening and senses (sound experience), this record really packs a punch with sounds flying all about, surpassing the images on screen!

22 pieces of music backing scenes from Zelda no Densetsu and Nazo no Murasame-jô, now arranged with state-of-the-art sound and including plenty of sound effects from the games:
this allows for a listening experience you wouldn't hear in the games, overflowing with sensations of those lively movements and colors that will greatly expand the game worlds for you.

* Moreover, we've hidden hints on beating the games in the sounds included on this record, so there's more than one way to listen to it. See for yourselves!

Notice in advance: On September 5, with a "Solomon's Key" and "Mighty Bomb Jack" bundle, the 3rd entry in the series will be released.

[Hey, I don't think we Japanese have quite enough kanji already. Let's arbitrarily create simplified versions of them that will confuse second-language learners because they're not included in any text books!]
Old Dec 1, 2022, 06:01 PM

I love it! Thanks for the translation! A nice piece of history for the guy who purchased this copy, straight from the manufacturer.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:55 AM

You're welcome.

Is there any chance the remark about the hidden hints is total BS?

It's interesting that they called the first installment "Mario Syndrome" here. I changed those releases some time ago to include the "Princess Peach" part per the K13H-864 box side. Either they're also confused about the title or we should change it back.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 05:51 PM

I don't think we should change back, as we are using what is marked on the product itself. there isn't anything common to the 3 releases, to make them look like a real series...?

As I have not listened to this release, you confirm there are no hints at all?
It's strange since that copy is just a sample, not a prototype/unfinished. Could it be he just means sound effects placed in specific moments, rather than spoken hints?

so the "trilogy" consists of
K13A-748
SUPER MARIO BROS.: MARIO SYNDROME / PRINCESS PEACH
May 21, 1986

K13A-757
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda / Nazo no Murasamejo
Aug 21, 1986

K13A-758
Solomon's Key & Mighty Bomb Jack
Sep 05, 1986
Old Dec 7, 2022, 02:24 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
Is there any chance the remark about the hidden hints is total BS?
I've really tried to figure out where I heard this, but IIRC the Zelda record (not sure about the other two) has a few places where a voice clip is played backwards. When reversed it tells a few hints about the Zelda game. I'll try to see if I can track the info down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
there isn't anything common to the 3 releases, to make them look like a real series...?
It's probably debatable whether it makes them look like a real series, but all three of them have a band (?) name with 21 in it stylized the same way, so there's a connection there. Mario has BONUS21, Zelda has HEROES21 (on the obi, not the jacket), and Solomon/Bomb Jack has REPLICA21.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:03 PM
Trusted Editor

By the way there's also a fourth album under the moniker HEROES21

https://vgmdb.net/album/8833
Old Dec 8, 2022, 01:52 AM
Trusted Editor

Oh cool! Never spotted the HEROES21 there!
Old Dec 8, 2022, 06:15 AM

obviously the king guy didn't know, they had not yet released entry no. 4 of this amazing misunderstood mini series
Old Dec 8, 2022, 08:47 AM
Trusted Editor

Yeah it seems to be pretty rare too, probably due to being the last one of the series. A copy recently sold on Yahoo for 30k Yen (without obi). But I've not seen it for sale very often.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 05:27 PM

I bet most people and collectors don't even know it's game soundtrack. It's one of those releases that looks like an anime album if you don't know what you're looking for.