VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 30, 2010, 02:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Maintenance Searches

I'm working on adding some new searches that will help our editors to find incomplete entries. These will be located on the Advanced Search panel under the new collapsible section "Maintenance Searches." Ideally, these searches will all be able to be integrated in with the rest of the search options, so that they can be filtered as you need.

So far, I've added the ability to search for albums by the number of tracklists and the number of scans. This makes it easy to find albums with no tracklists, and to find albums with no scans. It also helps to find albums that have a couple of scans, but haven't been fully scanned.

More of these searches are planned, but if you've got any requests, let me know.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I like this idea, it will help a lot. Still about incomplete entries, I think it would be interesting if a statement in the guidelines advises users to add new albums only if they have a reasonable amount of information. I really don't like entries like this and this. It's almost impossible to find more details. And the user seems to have disappeared. I think both albums can be set as inactive, btw. It would better that users ask for help on this topic, for example, before submit incomplete entries of obscure albums.

Obviously, I'm not referring to the albums that will be released in the future.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

New search behavior.

If you enter an exclamation point (!) in almost any search field, the search will return albums where that field is empty. Now, we can find albums with no Publisher info, or Game albums with empty game fields.

This work with most of the regular fields, though it doesn't work with the Any Field catch all, and currently doesn't work with Tracklists, though I could add that, but I'm not sure what it would find. (Right now, it searches for the ! on those two items, which actually might be useful.)

Let me know if this produces any weird results. It took a while to figure out how to do it.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Is there any way to do OR searchs for regular fields? Like I want to find all the albums that Sakuraba was composer or arranger. Right now it finds albums he was composer AND arranger.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Not yet.

The closest you can get right now is to use "Any field contains."
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

A couple of new search tools.

The "Unlinked Fields" section can be used to find albums with fields that aren't linked. There is a checkbox for Artists and one for Labels (publisher etc.)

I still want to include a search that finds partial links, or albums were you have some unassigned or unlinked artists.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:56 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Now that's a fun feature, perfect for my 'fill the discography blanks' runs.
But +7000 unlinked publishers? O.M.G.