VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:04 PM

Default Ganbare Goemon OST's on eBay

Hey guys. I decided to list these two Ganbare Goemon CD's on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/darkstorm84/...p2047675.l2562
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:31 PM

Normally I don't have much to comment on as far as price goes, since I know VGM fetches large sums of money for single CDs, it's what you learn to live with as a collector. However I will say: those prices are definitely steep for something that doesn't include the obi, let alone the registration card (not as big a deal as the obi). These prices more make me think that these CDs are brand new. I love the first N64 Goemon soundtrack and it would be a dream come true to one day own it, but I'd be heartbroken to shell out over $300 and have such an incomplete copy.

Of course, here's the thing about VGM: if you wait long enough (and that could even be years), eventually you will probably find someone that just wants that darn CD no matter what the condition. Good luck selling it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:16 AM

Dammit, I would have gone in for the first N64 soundtrack KICA-7800, but unfortunately no obi or survey card so I'm out. If these sell at $311 each, considering the fact that the American dollar is so weak right now then I think you have seriously under cut yourself. Don't listen to all the penny pinchers, I have seen first hand how much these particular albums go for and I don't mean listings or ridiculous Buy it now prices, I am talking bids and almost immediate sales for figures much higher than this.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:14 AM

While I agree with Mortavia in that anything in the $300s is pretty steep for no obi, these CDs sadly go for no less than ¥70000, which is close to $900 right now. That is without obi, by the way. Pretty stupid, but... technically you're "undercutting" yourself as far as the typical prices for these CDs.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 AM
Trusted Editor

He would be undercutting if he would be selling those albums on Yahoo Auctions or Amazon japan. Not undercutting in western market. Stop the silly comparisions between two different markets.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:06 AM

Baby, baby, I totally agree with you. But everyone else thinks that one market is another. I'm just trying to fit in with these people, don't you understand... I'm trying not to say what I really feel, that all of these prices are horseshit and that anyone who sells a single used CD with no obi or reg.card for more than $50 is a dickface and needs to be strangled violently... no, I'm trying NOT to say that stuff. I'm trying to be niiiiiiiiiiice

EDIT: Okay more than $100, seriously, exceeding $100 for 1 CD you need to have EVERYTHING, obi, reg.card, etc if it's used, come on now

Last edited by Hellacia; Oct 19, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Baby, baby, I totally agree with you. But everyone else thinks that one market is another. I'm just trying to fit in with these people, don't you understand... I'm trying not to say what I really feel, that all of these prices are horseshit and that anyone who sells a single used CD with no obi or reg.card for more than $50 is a dickface and needs to be strangled violently... no, I'm trying NOT to say that stuff. I'm trying to be niiiiiiiiiiice

EDIT: Okay more than $100, seriously, exceeding $100 for 1 CD you need to have EVERYTHING, obi, reg.card, etc if it's used, come on now
Complete and utter idiocy. If I had an £8,000 car with missing wheel trims I am not going to sell it to you for £5,000 because I don't want to be a "dickface".
Such statements are offensive, with no values to back up any of it. If I wanted to buy a CD from Japan, I don't think to myself 'oh, western markets are cheaper, cos they're all fucking tight asses' so I won't buy it. Pure bullcrap. The item is worth what it is worth no matter where you are in the world. FACT. If you don't want to dabble in expensive items then don't collect VGM. Simple. Cos thats what it is, expensive and because you can't handle that you try to belittle others and try to make them feel bad without any real reason to be honest.

Last edited by Boyblunder; Oct 19, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
Trusted Editor

But who's to say what the real worth is?

Also, if you had a 8k car with missing wheel trims, the price woud have to go down somewhat, depending on the car. Thanks to them being bit expensive.

And you can collect VGM with ease without having to pay absurd silly amounts of spacebucks/weakeuros/otakubucks, just some of the rarer and obscure shit seems to be overpriced. But then, this is again something between vgm lovers and collectors (you can be both btw).

Also, I so wish I could prop/like Hellacia's post, made me smile and laugh. :D
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
But who's to say what the real worth is?

Also, if you had a 8k car with missing wheel trims, the price woud have to go down somewhat, depending on the car. Thanks to them being bit expensive.

And you can collect VGM with ease without having to pay absurd silly amounts of spacebucks/weakeuros/otakubucks, just some of the rarer and obscure shit seems to be overpriced. But then, this is again something between vgm lovers and collectors (you can be both btw).

Also, I so wish I could prop/like Hellacia's post, made me smile and laugh.
Retail prices for vgm are very expensive anyway. I wouldn't pay those sorts of prices for normal chart CDs. Let's put it this way, you're not going to get Goemon CD's for less than $50, it just doesn't happen. There are reasons for this but not because the sellers are dickfaces.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:11 AM

I'm torn halfway between the two arguments here. I agree that its rediculous pricing, but its what I paid, and I dont believe anyone here would, in the same position, sell them for $50!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:53 AM

No, not even I would, if I paid that much.

I would just never pay that much
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:03 PM

Hey darkthunder84, I have to apologize about my previous comments, I spoke ignorantly about the prices of these CDs! Please understand, I didn't intend to say you're ripping people off or to generally complain about the prices, just that I thought they were a bit high according to my previous experiences with VGM. I have never seen any CDs go for as much as these go for, even brand new, and now I've learned that there are some special exceptions to even the most outrageous prices you can see in this hobby. I see these CDs going for over $1000 on Amazon.co.jp! It's inane, sure, but it's the price.

In regards to different markets, there is no such thing as the difference between the Eastern and Western markets. There's a difference in money value, but not item value. The Japanese market (for these Japanese CDs) is where the products come from and it's where the prices originate, so it sets the standard for the prices you see. We don't live in two different worlds, the price of an item is the price of an item and that's why exchange rates exist.

Anyway I'm sorry again darkthunder84, it appears you're actually selling these for far less than you can get. Oh and I wasn't being sarcastic, I do wish you luck in selling them!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
I would just never pay that much[/size]
lol, well, when I bought them for that price, I actually thought I was getting a good deal. Especially when you consider the Amazon JP prices. I've also seen these on eBay in the past for in excess of $600.

I actually tried buying one off someone for $300 and he basically told me to go f*** myself lol

So yeah, when I was able to get them for $300 from different sellers, I was quite pleased

I wouldn't normally pay that much for VGM, but I made a judgment that it was unlikely to get any better than $300. Maybe I made the wrong judgment. I don't know.

All I know is that I'd like to at least try to sell these for what I paid. Given that other people are trying to sell them for so much more, I don't feel so bad
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortavia View Post
Hey darkthunder84, I have to apologize about my previous comments
No sweat! I completely understand!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:51 PM

Just to let you all know this album is going for 57,000 yen on yahoo japan auction with 5 days left.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r96025797
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:01 AM

That doesn't count because it's different planet prices. So therefore that guy is an idiot and that auction price prooves that people on this planet should sell it for $50.
=)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:53 PM

I am thankful that Goemon does not concern me. I would have to forego food for 3-4 months to get those. Now that I think about it, my 2005 Chevy Cobalt has probably depreciated to the point where it has the same value as a Goemon soundtrack. Goemon could be the new standard for car values.

"My used car is worth 10 Goemons."

"My neighbor just bought a 35 Goemon car. Rich bastard."

I can hear it now.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:03 PM

So 70,000 - 90,000 Yen is the actual price that goes for KICA-7800??

Holy shit.......I'd love to have a real copy of it but that price is nasty..