VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:07 PM
VGMdb Advisor

This is part of the "Otomate" group of games from Idea Factory. Is this just a standard graphic adventure / love adventure / digital novel kind of game? Can anyone tell if there's anything special about the gameplay, or is this just another "dime-a-dozen" kind of adventure title?

In any case the music is good.

Ramza
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:07 PM
VGMdb Advisor

also, some translation notes:

1) I'm total unsure of 26. The kana "Eua" (a bastardized form of "Eva"?) makes no sense to me. I took this one to multiple J-E bilingual friends and they were like "um..."

2) track 32, the Greek characters... I romanized them, but did not translate. The term "Panta Rhei" is an ancient Greek philosophical term (Heraclitus coined it, I believe?). It means "eternal flow" or some such thing.

3) the opening and ending tracks... the opening track has the Romanized Aramaic phrase "eli lama asabthani?" (also, more often, rendered "eloi eloi lama sabacthani"). This is Jesus on the cross saying "my God why have you forsaken me?" The subsequent Japanese text is exactly that statement. So I left the romanized Aramaic as-is but translated the Japanese text. As for the ending track, the kanji character there is what Christian missionaries have used in China and Japan for the Beatitudes. So instead of writing Beatitudes -Beatitudes-, I just wrote it once.

Ramza
Old May 3, 2011, 07:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
1) I'm total unsure of 26. The kana "Eua" (a bastardized form of "Eva"?) makes no sense to me. I took this one to multiple J-E bilingual friends and they were like "um..."
It's definitely supposed to be Evá. The booklet gives for 26 the alternative title "orá! ~Der rufet dem Evá?".
Like Track 1, this again is an allusion to the passion of the Christ according to Matthew. "Der rufet dem Elias!" (prophet Elias who in this context embodies God) roughly translates to "He's calling on Elias!". Though, they formed the exclamation to a question. The lyrics also contain some fragments of the passion like "helft mir klagen", et cetera.
"orá" could mean something like the hour of death is near since they're talking about light (seeing a light -> dying -> ascending to heaven) in the japanese title. At least some critical event.
However, this is all speculation.

Last edited by AcidBeast; May 3, 2011 at 07:24 AM.