VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

Default LACA-5808: DRAGONBALL Z BURST LIMIT Original Soundtrack

Can someone confirm whether this album has music from both "Sparking! Meteor" and "Burst Limit" (as was originally announced), or if it's only for the latter, as the cover would suggest?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Can someone confirm whether this album has music from both "Sparking! Meteor" and "Burst Limit" (as was originally announced), or if it's only for the latter, as the cover would suggest?
It's only for "Burst Limit". The "Sparking Meteor" content was just speculation on the Lantis's part. If there's one thing I've known about Japanese soundtracks of any kind. You just can't be sure on what it's going to be until the final product is released to the public. For example, "Inazuma Challenger" was originally reported to be titled "Romantic Agero Yo (21st Century Ver.)" and that "Dragon Ball Z Complete Song Collection Box" was originally suppose to be called "Dragon Ball Z: CD-Box Super Complete Collection".
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:21 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorai View Post
If there's one thing I've known about Japanese soundtracks of any kind. You just can't be sure on what it's going to be until the final product is released to the public.
I know what you mean, I've noticed that a lot too. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I rejected the addition of the romanized title "Doragon Booru Zetto Baasuto Rimitto Orizinaru Saundotorakku." I've never felt there was anything to be gained by re-romanizing borrow words, and there's nothing in the original title that isn't already in English. We've had this in our guidelines since the beginning, though if someone has an argument for why this guideline should be amended or removed, I'd be interested in hearing it.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:39 PM

Like Z3, this album has even less credits for individual tracks for both LA Sessions and Tokyo Sessions involved.

I can say with certainty that "Sky City" (Track 14) was handled by the LA Session (Steve Lukather <E. Guitars>, Leland Sklar <E. Bass>, Simon Phillips <Drums>) as you can hear them in the last couple seconds, Lukather yelling "Stop the click". The horns on this track must have been recorded separately in Tokyo.

Here's some of the brass/winds soloist credits I can identify:

"Unbreakable Mission"
Tenor Sax solo: Toshihiko Furamura

"Kaffein"
Trumpet solo: Naoki Hirata
Trombone solo: Akihito Masui

"Captain Thrill"