VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:55 PM

Default PSCN-5044~5: GUN HAZARD Original Sound Track

So what do you fellow VGMers think of this? From what I scoured on the internet, it was heavily criticized since it followed Chrono Trigger. I wanted to hear more Mitsuda so I tracked this one down first since it was his second major project. Didn't expect to see ALL the composers of FFX on here. Nakano and Hamauzu don't really contribute many tracks of note though. However, Hamauzu's Approach to a Shrine and Impatience are stellar. Could easily have fit on FFX.

Anyway, it definitely isn't an album that awes one left and right, but it is good. Bear in mind I have never played the game either. It also has the sound quality of Chrono Trigger, since its an old game.

I have to say Disc 2 was very disappointing untilthe 20th track Atlas. Although 202 and Gardian were decent. Once you hit track 220 you sure are in for a treat all the way to the end of the album

My Favs: Cenktrich, Genoce,Galeon, Sneak and Attack, Promise, and Emotion

Last edited by BahamutZ; Apr 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM.