VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 7, 2019, 06:32 AM

The credits in-game show that the arrangers are Yukiko Takada, Takafumi Imamura, and Daiki Ishikawa (at least for Shadowbringers related content), as this release will also include music from 4.4 and 4.5 related patches.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 06:38 AM

Yep, will contain music from 4.4-5.0.
I can see some of the tracks here: https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/...734912/photo/2
Old Aug 16, 2019, 04:39 AM

Tracklist was revealed.
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music...ers/tracklist/

Tracks 1-36 contain music from 4.4-4.5.

Just to tell you which music is already available:

Tracks 8 and 9, "A Dream in Flight", and "Ending", are from Masashi Hamauzu's Chocobo Dungeon work. These were used as the songs for the ending sequence of Alphascape.

Tracks 16-18 are from FFXI: COP, used in Baldesion arsenal, Eureka content.

Tracks 19-34 are from FF Tactics, used in the Orbonne Monastery raid and story sequences in this raid quest.

Others than these tracks I mentioned, the rest is all Soken and co's original work for 14.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 06:23 AM
VGMdb Staff

Game credits also have
Quote:
Main Theme - "Shadowbringers"
Composed by
    Masayoshi Soken
Original Music Composed by
    Nobuo Uematsu
Lyrics
    Michael-Christopher Koji Fox
Vocals
    Amanda Achen-Keenan
    Jason Charles Miller
Chrorus
    Shigeru Hatakeyama
    Nayuta Shimizu
    Hiroshi Okawa
    Satoshi Takada
    Nobuyuki Okawa
    Takashi Baba
Violin
    Yuma Ito
Quote:
<<ARTUS Inc. >>
Arrangers
    Kenichi Kuroda
    Ken Ito
Quote:
Arrangers
    Yoshitaka Suzuki
    KEIKO

Last edited by cal; Aug 16, 2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyswer View Post
Tracks 19-34 are from FF Tactics, used in the Orbonne Monastery raid and story sequences in this raid quest.
23 is from Vagrant Story
Old Sep 12, 2019, 08:11 PM

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder with some very quick and dirty pictures I took of the credits of all the tracks out of the booklet that came with the physical CD, so they can be added to the OST's page on the site for proper attribution. Sorry if the quality is iffy. I would've written them out myself, but I'm flying out of town in five hours and really need to get to sleep! For much the same reason, taking better pictures, if you need them, will have to wait until I get back home on Monday.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/josyiyu9m...CNbcsTdEa?dl=0
Old Sep 13, 2019, 02:25 AM

Thank you very much, Arrow! I was always wondering about the credits, and since my order still hasn't arrived yet (I even pre-ordered), I was getting impatient. Very good to know!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 01:54 PM

The track "Dream in Flight" is originally from the Chocobo's Dungeon Original Soundtrack, but it was on a bonus 8cm CD only included with the first edition. Did it actually appear in the Chocobo's Dungeon game or was it just a bonus track?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 07:38 AM
Trusted Editor

- Updated track times to physical source (not mp3)
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:22 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Why is Kenji Ito credited as composer for Track 9 "Ending". It's an arrangement of the Chocobo Theme.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jul 16, 2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:30 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Why is Kenji Ito credited as composer for Track 9 "Ending". It's an arrangement of the Chocobo Theme.
I know it's a bit unsettling. This piece is actually from Chocobo Racing, where it's called "The World's Tomorrow", and even if the soundtrack makes use of Uematsu's music for Final Fantasy (including the Chocobo theme, of course), it is still considered Kenji Ito's work because he was responsible for the arrangements.

But yeah, it should be "composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Kenji Ito". I guess they just took a shortcut there.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:49 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
I know it's a bit unsettling. This piece is actually from Chocobo Racing, where it's called "The World's Tomorrow", and even if the soundtrack makes use of Uematsu's music for Final Fantasy (including the Chocobo theme, of course), it is still considered Kenji Ito's work because he was responsible for the arrangements.

But yeah, it should be "composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Kenji Ito". I guess they just took a shortcut there.
Thanks for clarifying its origin. Yeah, it would make more sense to credit Uematsu as composer and Ito as arranger.

I'm noticing all sorts of inconsistencies in this one as I listen. For example, track 38 is a straight up arrangement of the Prelude, but it's credited solely to Soken, as both composer and arranger.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Thanks for clarifying its origin. Yeah, it would make more sense to credit Uematsu as composer and Ito as arranger.

I'm noticing all sorts of inconsistencies in this one as I listen. For example, track 38 is a straight up arrangement of the Prelude, but it's credited solely to Soken, as both composer and arranger.
The reason he is listed as a composer is that the opening is Soken's tune. It's used in the main theme of Shadowbringers and some battle themes as well. A co-credit due to Prelude should be included, but that's why he is at least listed as a composer.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 03:47 PM

FF has gone in this direction recently, in a lot of cases, for credit. Lots of Prelude and "FF MAIN THEME" references going uncredited to the Big NU.
(I'm guilty of it myself, neglecting to tag Uematsu on all tracks with these references, because to me, someone who has the whole FF 1-15 music memorized practically, says to myself "well obviously Uematsu wrote the Chocobo theme, who doesn't know that?")

p.s. y'all know I'm a stickler for music credits.

p.s.p.s. that's North American English for "I like to be very careful about composition and arrangement credits"

p.s.p.s.p.s I added the post-script post-script because sometimes a lot of misunderstandings around here are because of communication.

Last edited by Jormungand; Jul 20, 2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 02:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

And at the same time, the credits for some of their digital releases are so misleading that it's almost revolting. When you listen to the FFVII Remake soundtrack on Spotify or such, and if you're not aware of the actual credits, you could get the idea that Uematsu was responsible for almost everything, considering his name is the only one mentioned.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 06:57 AM
Trusted Editor

For most of SEM's digital releases they only seem to credit the composer in the artist field. Most of the that's usually good enough but for FFVIIR it ends up being very misleading. And when you have any Final Fantasy stuff at all it can get misleading too since Uematsu's stuff (like Prelude) is everywhere and crediting, as we see here, is hit or miss.