VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:20 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Default Should we make a Petscop album page?

First of all for those who have no idea what Petscop is, it's a series of "fake" game walkthroughs available on YouTube. Petscop is the name of the game that's being played and shown only in videos. There's never been a release of the game and it was made for the sake of making a kind of online ARG, it doesn't have a playable build and the creator doesn't plan on releasing it yet.

The series is now over, and the creator released the soundtrack being used "ingame" on Bandcamp.
The question is wether or not we should make a page for it. Personally i'm in huge favor of it, consiering that although the game has never been released before, it still exists in the form of a game, and it has been confirmed by the creator to exist. Just not to the public. I also think VGMDB is a place for soundtracks of games, animation and other alternative visual arts to coexist.

It's an extremely specific situation but i think creating a page for such unique content should be fine, considering it happens so rarely.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:06 PM
VGMdb Staff

We have "soundtracks" to completely fictional video games, for example:
https://vgmdb.net/album/16422

This game seems to exist in some form (at least). Probably fine to add the soundtrack.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:21 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Alright, created it in the meantime.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:43 PM

Sure it's no problem, i added one of my work for an unreleased game long ago.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 03:05 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

One more precedent for a fictional “game” soundtrack being added to the database: https://vgmdb.net/album/4886
Old Dec 1, 2019, 06:08 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
One more precedent for a fictional “game” soundtrack being added to the database: https://vgmdb.net/album/4886
Wow, and i was actually looking for information on this game since I'm a huge zts fan. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 06:20 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I got the album quite a while ago and have actually only listened to it once. I should give it another listen now that I've heard (and enjoyed) some of the Higurashi soundtracks. I wasn't aware of who zts was when I first got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivda View Post
Wow, and i was actually looking for information on this game since I'm a huge zts fan. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 03:47 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
I got the album quite a while ago and have actually only listened to it once. I should give it another listen now that I've heard (and enjoyed) some of the Higurashi soundtracks. I wasn't aware of who zts was when I first got it.
We're getting out of topic but check more of their releases out, especially Selfregards3 and their work on Umineko. They're easily my favourite artist now lol