VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 1, 2019, 04:58 PM

Exclamation Searching for this tune for a long time

Hi,
Once upon a time in 2011, I've downloaded a music environment software, and it contains some samples, I click on one of the samples I guess it was ost from a video game, the format was .midi, the song is still playing in my head untill today, and I don't know what it is? or what the game name is??

So I played it on piano, and recorded, and I hope I could find it.

please listen to the song and let me know the name if you recognize it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1am...RyCImlNdjjF5Sf

Thanks,
Old Nov 4, 2019, 05:48 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

The file type won't allow it to be played in my browser (Chrome) and I'm not comfortable downloading it since I don't know the source. Can you reupload it in a format that can be streamed online rather than downloaded?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 05:07 AM

It's a .wma file.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 01:34 PM

I've already tried to upload this melody to youtube (after converting the file to .mp4) but somehow the youtube still won't allow me to upload it says something like "no video detected" with some error message of course to remind you that you will not gonna find the name of the melody...

I hope I can find it soon..
Old Nov 18, 2019, 05:45 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSFX View Post
I've already tried to upload this melody to youtube (after converting the file to .mp4) but somehow the youtube still won't allow me to upload it says something like "no video detected" with some error message of course to remind you that you will not gonna find the name of the melody...

I hope I can find it soon..
In order to upload to YouTube, it has to be in the form of a video file. If you don't have any video editing software, there's probably some open source software that you can download and use. Just throw a still image in the background as the "video" and then stick your audio file in and export it in a video file format that YouTube supports. Then you can upload it and share the link.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
In order to upload to YouTube, it has to be in the form of a video file. If you don't have any video editing software, there's probably some open source software that you can download and use. Just throw a still image in the background as the "video" and then stick your audio file in and export it in a video file format that YouTube supports. Then you can upload it and share the link.
Actually I used online converter. I have Adobe After effect I'll see what I can do..
Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:02 AM

Here's the video, I played it slow, because I'm not good at piano, originally from what I remember it was faster than that... you can increase the speed of the video up to 1.75

I don't know but it has a vibe of fighting or beet em' up game, I tried to search for it via brute force approach, then I got bored, so I'm counting on you guys now..

https://youtu.be/C1ItRzbWd3k
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:32 PM

Anyone!!!
I just wasted 5 hours today searching randomly in MIDI archive in hope that I might find it.
Approximately more than 3500 random samples was tested, but to no avail..
If anyone can guide me. Is there’e Any faster, and smarter way for searching?!

I have this song in one of my old broken hard drive that I can’t recover anything from it, but I’ll ask someone if he could help, but I think the answer would be impossible unfortunately
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:41 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I listened, but unfortunately I don’t recognize it. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSFX View Post
Anyone!!!
I just wasted 5 hours today searching randomly in MIDI archive in hope that I might find it.
Approximately more than 3500 random samples was tested, but to no avail..
If anyone can guide me. Is there’e Any faster, and smarter way for searching?!

I have this song in one of my old broken hard drive that I can’t recover anything from it, but I’ll ask someone if he could help, but I think the answer would be impossible unfortunately